13. There's A 'But'

Camila's POV

After constantly zoning out into space the entire class period, the bell rang. Which meant it was lunch time. I was normally really excited for lunch but not today. My palms were sweating and my stomach started twisting but not because of hunger.

I was nervous, nervous and scared. I mean I shouldn't be because the squad shipped us together but you never know something could happen. Like not accept us and be disgusted afterwards.

I was so into my thoughts while walking down the halls towards the cafeteria when I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going" I apologized looking up to the person I had bumped into.

He's cute. But Lauren's better.

"No no it's my fault I wasn't looking either." the boy said with his cheeks turning pink of embarrassment.

"What's your name?" He continued giving me smile? Or was it a smirk?

"Umm Camila and yours?"

"Pretty name for a pretty girl but I'm Austin" he said smiling.

Have to admit his smile was perfect. His eyes were hazel and they were really pretty but once again, Laur's green eyes were much better.

I blushed at his comment and smiled back.

"Nice to meet you Austin but I kinda have to go now." I say starting to walk slowly around him.

"Okay, I'll see you later."

I then continued on my way towards the cafeteria. Austin seemed like a cool guy. I've never seen him around before so I guess he's new. I would like to get to know him.

I finally got to my destination and went straight to our table then sat down. I then noticed that everyone gave me a strange look.

"What?" I asked.

"Well...you didn't get lunch.." Justin said slowly.

"So?"

"You always get lunch." Dinah pointed out.

"I'm not hungry today." I said simply shrugging my shoulders.

Lauren started choking on her water the moment I said that. Some moments past until she calmed down.

"Your not hungry Camz?" She asked with wide eyes.

"'Nope."

"Ok..anyway, guys we have something to tell you." Lauren announces while taking my hand and holding it under the table.

"What is it Laur?" Harry asked.

"Well..you know how you all 'shipped' Camren?" She asked.

"Yeah..?!" Normani said getting excited.

"The boat has sailed." I said raising our intertwined hands into view for them to see.

The whole table erupted into cheers and with 'Finally's' which of course caused the entire cafeteria to look towards us. We were the 'populars' here so yeah. It took them a few more seconds to calm down then we continued on our announcement.

"But there's a but.." I said.

"And there it is." said Zayn in monotone.

"What is it?"

"But... We're a secret."

"What? Why!?" Exclaimed Normani.

"Like we told Dinah in the morning, Camz isn't ready to let it out in the open. Then her parents don't know and they're very religious." Lauren explained.