40. The Little Moments

Lauren's Pov

Water is so calming, but it can betray anyone. In the ocean the water can just be sitting there doing what it does then suddenly everything goes crazy and its waves crash against the shore, rocks, or anything in its way. Maybe that's why I like it so much. It shows that it can't be tamed, it can do what it wants because it's free.

Water can also mess with your emotions. One second you have a bright smile on your face and then it's raining. So your smile quickly fades and is replaced with a frown because it brings you into a bad mood. It can cause old memories that you tried so hard to push back to the back of your mind to resurface. Water can make such an impact and we don't even notice most of the time.

"Babe, what are you doing out here? It's pouring" I hear my girlfriend ask behind me

"Just admiring the rain" I reply

"I forget how much you love water"

"Yup, I love the smell it leaves. The air is so fresh afterwards and everything seems brighter"

"You know, I can't remember a time when you weren't so poetic and/or good with words"

I chuckle, "I guess I've always had a way with words, didn't I?"

"That you do, and I love it" she says sitting on my lap

We sit in silence for some minutes just watching the rain pour. The amazing smell of wet land filling my senses.

"You cured my anger" I speak up

She turns herself on my lap, "What are you talking about?"

"I had anger issues before. Now I can't remember the last time I burst since I've been with you. You cured it"

She smiles, "And I can't remember the last time I had a panick attack and felt alone"

I lean in to kiss her and she kisses back instantly. I slide her off my lap and she looks at me confused. I get up then grab her hand and lead her to the lawn where the rain is pouring.

"What are you doing?" She asked

I turned back around and pull her towards me. Our lips connect and we stand under the grey clouds. We kiss until there is no longer any air in our lungs and we lean on each other's foreheads.

"I always wanted to kiss you in the rain" I smirk

She laughs, "You're such a dork"

"Your dork" I smile

"Of course"

We head back into the house now with drenched clothes. When my mom sees us, she just shakes her head and smiles, not even wanting to know what happened. We go up the stairs to change into warm clothes and choose to catch up on a show.

As I lay down next to her, my mind wanders and I come to the conclusion that she is my remedy. Our love may end up in tragedy in some months but she will always be my remedy. She's the piece of me that I will always need.

____

It was official. The plane ticket was booked. I had answered all emails from NYU and everything was ready. I just needed to pack, fly, and move into the dorms. The flight was scheduled for August 1st at 1 pm.