22. Egged

Lauren's Pov

After my high wore off, I decided to check up on Camila's house which I expected to be empty since the school day wasn't over yet, but what I came to see was a red car in front of it. I decided to check it out and then walked up to the front door.

To my surprise Camila was home and I knew should couldn't drive yet so someone else was here. I entered without her permission and what I saw next broke me heart.

Austin was on top of the stairs looking directly down to me and his face looked like he never got beaten up. I turned to Camila who was looking down towards the ground in shame.

"Camila, why is he here?" I asked slowly through gritted teeth.

She looked up slowly, not making eye contact and said, "We were going to go out."

That was it. She ticked off my last nerve and my tolerance was over. It was done. I was done. I looked at her and him with a hurt expression.

"Camila, I need a break from this. Have fun." I said before walking out the house, not waiting for her response and going to my secret place.

_

How is she so niëve about this? Does she always have to see the good in people? Did I make the right decision?

I asked myself all these questions while looking at my reflection on the water. I was sitting in front of a small river which was surrounded by beautiful nature. I found this place while exploring around when we first moved here.

I sighed loudly and decided to tell someone about what had happened. I called Mani since I knew Camila would tell Dinah sooner or later.

"Hey Lauren what's up?" She answered on the second ring.

"Um, well Camila and I kinda broke up."

"What do you mean KINDA broke up?!" She suddenly yelled causing me to temporarily lose my hearing in my right ear.

"Well I went to go check on her house knowing it would be empty, but when I got there, there was a red car parked outside it so I went to check it out. I knocked on the front door and surprisingly Camila opened up and I entered knowing she wasn't alone. When I saw who was with her, my heart broke and couldn't take it anymore." I say on the verge of tears.

"Who was with her Laur?" She asked softly knowing I was about to cry.

"Austin." I said finally letting the tears fall.

"Oh Lauren, did you break up with her or something?"

"No, well I told her I needed a break and then I walked out."

"You want me to be with you? I'll go to where you are."

Remembering that it was my secret place and not wanting Normani to see it since I only wanted it to be me that knew of this place, I told her I'd go to her instead.

"I'll see you in ten minutes Mani."

"Okay be careful."

"Will do."

I got in my car and drove back to my house where my siblings were waiting for my arrival.