11. Last Long

Camila's POV

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and bacon. I sat up and looked around, seeing the room I've become used to waking up in every morning, Lauren's. I make my way out of bed and realized that I was still in my clothes from last night.

Last night...the best night ever. I'm in a relationship now! My first relationship! With a girl! I'm with Lauren Jauregui! Calm down Camila. Breathe.

I walked to her dresser and grabbed a comb to untangle my hair. Then I let my nose guide me to the beautiful smell of food downstairs. Once there I saw Lauren setting up some plates while an older woman was cooking. Her mother.

Since Laur's back was facing me I decided to scare her a bit. I backed up a few steps and ran towards her then jumped on her back.

"Boo!"

"Was that supposed to scare me?" She asked chuckling.

I sat on her back with a shocked face "You weren't scared?"

"Nope. I knew you were behind me. You're not the quietest when it comes to walking." she said smiling.

I pouted, "You're no fun." Then proceeded to get off her back.

"Aww babe come back." she said grabbing my wrist pulling me into her, "I'm sorry, It did kinda scare me. I just didn't want to admit it."

"Really?" I asked leaning closer to her lips.

"Yes really." she replied leaning in more.

Our noses were touching and we were about to connect our lips but a cough behind us stopped us from doing so. I pulled back and turned around to see her mom looking at us with her right eyebrow raised. I was about to apologize but her question took me by surprise.

"Aren't you going to introduce me Lauren Michelle?"

Lauren Michelle? Must be her middle name.

"Yeah uh sorry. Camz this is my mom Clara, and mom this is Camila." she introduced.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Jauregui."

"Oh please honey call me Clara." She said smiling.

"Okay Clara I will."

After our introduction to each other we sat down and ate in silence with only our forks and spoons making noise.

"So are you guys dating?" Clara asked breaking the silence.

"Yes mom we are. I think me calling her 'babe' before pretty much gave it away." Lauren said looking at her mom then at me.

"Yeah but best friends call each other that too these days so I just wanted to clear things up a bit. But Lauren, I could tell Camila's a keeper. Don't let her go no matter what happens."

I looked down trying to hide my blush. Then I raised my head a bit and saw Laur also trying to hide hers.

"I will but excuse me. I'll be right back." she stood up and walked out the dining room.

I stayed there sitting with her mom awkwardly. That was until she broke the silence once again.

"Camila I want you to stay in her life as long as possible. It doesn't matter if it's relationship wise or just as friends. You bring out the best in her. Just by seeing that little scene before, I saw a different Lauren than the one I know. I'm guessing she told you her past and things. She's always been a quiet girl that kept things locked inside herself and never let anyone know about how much pain she's going through. I as her mother tried getting her to open up but failed. But ever since she's met you, she's always happy and in a good mood. It's like you pulled her out of the dark. I hope you guys last long because you make my daughter very happy." she said with hope in her eyes which were more golden brown than green.