7. They Ship It

Lauren's POV

I'm in my second block, English. Let me tell you something, when you have an old man as a teacher, that looks like he's going to break at any moment and speaks like we have all the time in the world. You're going to die of boredom, I guarantee it. I was going to pass out but I didn't because Normani poked me.

"Do you feel like dying too?" She asked.

"Yup, I feel you dude."

We both nodded then turned to Ally to see if she was bored as much as we were. Surprisingly we found that she was very into what the old man was saying. We then turned to each other and shook our heads.

"I don't get how she could be so into this!" I say incredulously.

"Well she is planning on majoring in English in college." Normani responded shrugging.

"Oh, that explains it." I say sleepily.

I was about to put my head on the desk and try take a nap but Normani's sudden question sparked some new energy in me.

"So what's up with you and Camila?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"Don't act stupid with me Laur, I know what's going on."

I gulp, "What do you think is going on?"

"Well by the looks of it you like Camila and she likes you." She says like if it was nothing big.

"Well yeah, I like Camz but I know she doesn't feel the same. Someone as beautiful and perfect as her can't be bi or something." I say sadly.

"Lauren I think you're wrong. You should see the way she looks at you when your not paying attention. It's like if you were her soul mate or something."

"Really?"

"Yes really! I mean I ship Camren a hundred percent, so this boat needs to start sailing dude. Get your girl already!" She said a bit to excitingly.

I chuckle. "You've been talking to Dinah haven't you?"

"Umm, a little." she shrugged with a smile.

"But I don't know how Mani! It's easier said than done."

"Look, just start by getting her phone number. Then try flirting with her and if she responds positively, keep going. Or get close to her, show affection and if she reacts good to it then something's definitely there."

"Wow Mani, didn't know you were so good at relationship advice" I say laughing a little.

"Well I'm not trying to brag or anything but I am." she said smirking, causing us to laugh. "But here's my number if you ever need anything."

"Alright I'll text you soon then." I wink playfully.

"Hey don't hit on me or I'll tell Mila." she threatened laughing.

"Fine fine."

Bell rings*

"Finally lunch time!" Normani sayid getting up.

"Hey guys, did you both like the lesson today?" Ally asked.

Normani and I just turn to each other and then back at the shorter girl.

"Yeah! It was very interesting" we lie.

"I know right. English is just so amazing." she said with eyes full of admiration.

"Mmhmm." we hummed.

We made our way towards the cafeteria and everyone made way for us. Being popular was so cool I guess but sometimes you just wanted to be normal.

You won't be normal if they find out your sexuality. My conscience said.

Shutup, they won't.

How are you so sure?

Because my friends won't say anything, I trust them.

Do you now? Not every one is your friend Lauren, some just pretend.

Be quiet. Go back to do whatever consciences do.

I am doing it though.

Ugh bye.

I grabbed my food and went to go sit at our table. At first it was just me, Normani, and Ally. But then the guys arrived and started talking about football. I turned my head and started searching through the crowd for Camila.

There she was, in the pizza line. Of course. With Dinah behind her. It's like whenever I spot her my stomach becomes a gymnast. It does summer saults, flips, and twist for her. Then it's like she's the only person I see and everybody else is irrelevant.

She turned and sent a smile towards me. Her smile was literally the cutest thing I've ever seen. There could be billions of perfect smiles but hers would always be my favorite.

"Hey Lo" she greeted. Her voice was like music to my ears.

"Hey, how was class?"

"I really wasn't paying attention. I had other things on my mind. How about yours?"

"Same, Normani and I were dying of boredom while Ally was so interested in it." I explained.

She giggled. Oh my god that's adorable.

"Typical Ally, she loves education."

"I know that now."

"Ye-Hey Camren!" Dinah yells interrupting our conversation.

"What." I ask with a bit of attitude in my voice.

"Woah, chill Laur I just wanted to ask if you guys wanted to chill with us at the park or something after school."

I looked at Camila silently asking her if she wanted to then she nodded.

"Yeah put your number in and text me the details" I say tossing her my phone

I turn my attention back to Camila and saw that she had a confused expression on her face which made her look adorable.

"What's wrong camz?

"What's that thing Dinah called us earlier? Ca- something." she asked.

"Camren?"

"Yes that! What is that?"

"Uhh, well Dinah made it up for us as our ship name. Since pretty much this entire table ships us together." I say chuckling nervously.

I see her cheeks start turning pink. She then hides her face with her hands.

"Don't hide your blush it's adorable."

"No it's not" she says with her cheeks still pink

"Yes it is," I say pinching her cheeks causing her to giggle. I could hear her giggle for days.

"But can I have you number too?" She asks shyly, taking me aback. I was supposed to ask for hers but whatever.

"Yeah let me see your phone."

I type in my phone number and put my contact name as 'Lolo😚💕🙈' and then call Dinah, who was taking selfies with everyone, to give me my phone back. I swear she just took up my storage. 

I gave my phone to Camila and she put her number and saved it as 'Camzi🍕☺️💕' , the pizza emoji caused me to laugh. The rest of the lunch period was spent with us talking and me constantly getting lost in her chocolate brown eyes or looking at her pink lips.

I'm falling hard for Cabello