39. You're an ass

Lauren's Pov

"The jury finds him guilty for all charges, your honor" a member from the jury says

The judge turns his attention back to us. Here we are waiting for his decision on what will happen to Austin. The witnesses have testified on the podium and his lawyer has done everything he could to defend his client.

"I find Austin Carter Mahone guilty, he will spend his remainder time as a minor in juvenile hall and then will be transferred to the state prison where he will serve 24 months. No bail option will be provided."

I smile was instantly plastered on my face and then go to Camz where I engulf her in a tight hug. After we hug, I got to my parents where they are also over joyed by the judge's decision. I look over to Austin's family where I see his mother in tears and his father looking at him with eyes full of shame.

They take him away and I am left with my family and friends to celebrate. We go out to eat and remain happy the rest of the day. We demanded justice and we go it. Thanks to the determination of my parents and the big effort of our lawyer who did an incredible job.

___

Weeks later

"Babe?" I hear my girlfriend call

"Yeah?"

"It's April 4"

I look at her confused, "So..?"

"So, Austin gets transferred today or already did"

I smile, "That's good"

"Very, I'm glad he got what he earned"

"Me too"

"So what do you want to do?"

"Movie?" I suggest

"Oh my god, The Notebook!" She squeals

I groan, "Camz, do you know how many times you've made me watch that movie?"

"Like twice, stop whining"

I look at her in shock, "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, the first time we dated and on my birthday"

"Wow, feels like so much more"

She rolls her eyes, "Whatever, weren't you into romance movies though? I mean you were on the verge of crying while watching one back in Paris"

"Yeah but I think it's because I was in Paris. You know, Paris is the city of love so..."

She glares at me, "You're still watching it with me"

"Whyyyy"

"Because you love me" she replies while getting my laptop and inserting the movie into it

"Unfortunately" I mutter

"I heard that"

"I'm kidding, I love you" I say and give her a kiss on the cheek. "I'll get started on the popcorn"