12. We're Trouble

Lauren's POV

"Chris catch!!" I yelled at the boy.

He started running and turned around then I threw the football but as he kept going backwards, he bumped into a shelf with glass sculptures.

Everything went in slow motion from there. Chris slowly falling onto the shelf, then the sculptures collapsing as they met the floor. The sounds of them breaking brought me back.

"Got it!" He said raising the football.

"Lauren!" I flinched out the sound of my name coming from Camila.

I hesitantly answered, "Y-Yeah?"

"What have you guys done?! Oh my god Laur! We're in so much trouble!" She yelled.

I looked at Taylor that was beside her and was looking down, shaking her head with her fingers pinching her nose bridge.

"We're not in trouble if we get caught." I smirked.

"No Laur we-" I cut her off by pulling her towards the sports store's exit with Chris and Taylor trailing behind.

"I hope they didn't see us and come looking for us." Chris said worriedly.

"Well because of your dumbass they probably will." I say giving him a glare.

"Okay gu-Hey! You four, stop!!" Yelled some voices behind us, completely interrupting Camz. We turned around and saw that the voices belong to two security guards.

Shit were fucked.

"Laur! Run!" Chris yelled.

We all started running at once. Having to move in between people so we wouldn't knock them over. We ran as fast as our legs could take us but every time I looked back, I saw the guards gaining on us.

That was until we ran into a huge candy store and went different ways but stayed close enough to see where the other was. We hid behind shelves and walked slowly to other places in the store while the guards looked aimlessly around.

Once they walked towards the opposite side of the store, we took a run for it and gained a lot of ground. We stopped in front of a skateboard shop and went in.

"I...knew...we were...going to..be...trouble" Camila said in between breaths "You're not tired." she asked trying to catch her breath.

"No, softball conditioning remember?"

"Oh yeah, why haven't you gone this past week?"

"Coach's been sick, but I think we should borrow some skateboards and electronic scooters." I say looking at Chris who gave me a smirk and nodded.

Her eyes went wide. "We're going to steal?!" She whispered yelled.

"What's the point of buying them when we have tons at home." I say walking towards some boards.

After finally convincing Camz to pick out a scooter because she clearly didn't know how to ride a board, we waited for the right time to run for it. Again.

Once we saw the store owner busy with other customers we hopped onto the boards and scooters then rid out of there. But the guards were passing by the same exact moment and saw us.

So once again we were being chased, but this time we had an advantage. Wheels. Chris and I knew some tricks so when stairs and railings came into view we 'showed off' just for the heck of it.

After making it out the mall alive, we made our way back home. I'm pretty sure they'll try to come looking for us and make us pay for what we broke/stole, but they won't find us.