36. For My Best Friend

Dinah's POV

"So Lauren, what have you guys been doing since you got here? I mean other than getting hot." I ask my green eyed friend.

"You're never going to let that go are you?"

"Nope, it's a fun way to annoy you"

She rolls her eyes and mumbles a quiet 'whatever', which makes me chuckle
"But to answer your question, we've been just kinda exploring the place you know? Then we went to dinner earlier" She responds.

We were walking around the city along with Normani and Camila but we were ahead of them since they were too busy taking selfies together. I had already took like too many to count.

"Oh that's nice. Hey! Is that a store? I wanna go in there!" I didn't even wait for Lauren to answer. I ran into the store and began looking through the clothing that was in there. As I was looking through the racks of some cute shirts I had spotted, I heard my name being called by a very excited voice.

"DINAH?" I turned around to search for the voice. When I realized who it was, I couldn't believe who was standing in front of me.

"ALYCIA? Oh my god what are you doing here?" I basically attacked the girl in a hug. Embracing her in the longest hug of my life.

"I live here. But it's been so long since I've seen your beautiful face, you certainly glowed up!"

"Yeah well had to make a change" I tell my former friend

"I totally get it but how are you? And why are you here?" She asks and smiles, taking both of my hands.

"She came to surprise us." I hear Camila say coldly from behind me.

I feel Alycia let go of my hands. I was confused. Why the hell was Camila being rude as fuck to her? Did she know her?

"You know her?" Camila asks me continuing to,
use a bitchy tone of voice.

"Yeah. We used to go to dance classes together. When I lived in Orange County, she lived there too. Eventually she gave up going since clearly dancing wasn't for her. Since then she has moved to many places around the world and somewhere along the lines we lost contact. But how the hell do you know her?" I inquire, feeling the tension between both girls but also teasing my old friend in the mid of my explanation

"Why don't you ask Lauren?" Camila says, rolling her eyes and storming out of the store. "She's Lauren's ex." I hear Normani whisper in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"Oh... Really?" I turn to Alycia with furrowed eyebrows. "Yeah. We kind of have a lot of catching up to do." She chuckles. "If you want you can come with me and go somewhere so we can talk." She offers.

"I can't. I have no car to take me back to the hotel." I tell her, a little disappointed.

"Babe, don't even worry about that. I can take you back." She says with eyes full of hope.

I turn to Normani, I didn't even have to say anything in order for her to understand that I wanted to stay with Alycia. She simply nodded and said, "I'll tell Lauren you'll be with her. I'll see you guys later. Bye."

We waved at her. Once she left, I turned to Alycia and let out a small squeal and hugged her again, still not believing that I was seeing her again.

"Okay. Well, I'm gonna take you out to a restaurant. Let's get going."

As we were walking into the restaurant, I realized it was a bit too fancy. "Umm. Alycia, don't you think this is kinda over doing it?"

"I work here. I just figured it'd be easier to come here." She laughs a little as she leads me towards a table. Right away a girl with blue eyes comes up to us to take our order.