Chapter 13

Crystal's pov

Entering inside the building I felt my heart beat increase. The inside is way too luxurious. Everything was looking expensive and the peoples. They were all looking already super rich. Their attires were formal yet stunning.

For a second I thought of running away but I didn't. Taking a deep breath I went towards the receptionist where a beautiful women was working. She looked like in her thirties.

"Excuse me?" I said after clearing my throat. She looked up at me and removed her glasses before saying "yes".

"Hello I'm Crystal Collins. I'm appointed as Mr Knights PA's assistant and today is my first day. So, can you tell me where do I have to go?" I asked and she stood up before taking out something from the drawer.

"So, you're the one" She said giving me a I'd card. "This is your I'd card. Always carry your I'd card here. And you have to go straight and take a elevator for 15th floor. There you'll see another receptionist. She will lead you next" She said and I nodded thanking her.

I start walking towards the elevator and pressed the button for 15th floor. There were two women's and one man present in the elevator along with me. They all were looking professional. When I was waiting for my destination floor, my phone pinged with a message.

Unknown number.

Enjoying the wife tag which was supposed to be mine?

Wife tag? What the hell? Who's this?

Before I could think more my destination floor arrived. Quickly moving out from the elevator I start searching for another receptionist and I found her in the corner, working.

I start walking towards her but tripped with something. Before I could fall someone caught me. I looked up to see Dante. He was looking at me with amusement but soon a smirk adorned in his handsome face. I groaned taking my hand back from his grip.

"Earlier you tripped on the ground, then stairs and now in this plane floor and you say that you're not clumsy?" He asked raising his brows.

"I'm not clumsy" I said and he gave me a really look.

"I mean.. uhm.. um.. yeah.. I was thinking about my job and that's why I tripped" I said but instantly regretted after giving this lame excuse.

"You're not making any sense, you know that, right?" He said raising his brows at me and I groaned.

Ignoring him I started walking towards the receptionist but he held my wrist, stopping me from going anywhere.

"What?" I asked irritated.

"What, what? You have no answer so you're running away from me? Coward" He said to which I looked at him with wide eyes.

"I'm not a coward. How dare you to say me a coward?" I asked raising my voice slightly.

"Of course you are, coward" He said with a smirk.

I gave him angry glares and tried to free myself from his grip but he tightened his grip.

"What? Running away from the truth?" He asked with a smirk.

"No actually unlike you I'm kinda busy. Today is my first day, you see. So I have to work. I don't want to waste my time, so yeah" I said giving him a mean smirk to which he just chuckled.

"Of course. Come with me" He said and start dragging me to other way.

"Hey what are you doing? That receptionist told me that I have to meet this receptionist" I said trying to free myself from his grip but he didn't loose his grip.