Chapter 46

Crystal's pov

When the bartender gave the drink to Maddison, I turned around to face her and smiled looking at her angry eyes.

"Maddison, hi. How are you doing? I hope you're enjoying My husband's success party, right?" I said in a chirpy voice to which her eyes turned red in anger but she still smiled back at me.

"Of course, it's My Dante's party. How can I not enjoy that" She said, trying to sound sarcastic but nope, she ain't sarcastic. Delusional is the correct word for her.

I rolled my eyes at her to which my gaze wandered at Martin who was just behind us, waiting for Maddison's one wrong move. I blinked my eyes in assurance at him to which he nodded.

"Your Dante? When did it happen?" I asked amusingly.

"Long back. Before you came into the picture" Maddison said chuckling.

"Exactly. You are past and I'm the present" I smiled back at her.

"Dante still loves me. He can never be yours" Maddison replied in a mocking tone.

"Really? But I was informed that you were forced on him. He never loved you, not even liked you" I said with a smile.

"But hey, you wanna know a secret?" I said with fake excitement to which she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Dante loves me and no I'm not lying like you. He really loves me" I chirped happily and saw her getting pissed.

"He doesn't. He lied in front of everyone to save you from the embarrassment. He doesn't even care for you" Maddison said with a smirk and shook her head in disbelief.

"Are you serious? You are contradicting your own statement. You just said that Dante lied to save me from the embarrassment but on the other hand you are saying that Dante doesn't care for me?" I asked making a mocking tone.

"But anyways, Dante loves me and everyone knows that. And guess what, not just Dante but his entire family who are now my family as well loves me and cares for me" I said in a sweet voice and looked around to see that a few reporters were clicking my picture with Maddison.

I guess Maddison noticed that too, because she suddenly started smiling widely at me.

"Nobody loves you Crystal, Nobody. Your own father disowned you and never looked back at you until he got himself in trouble and needed your help. Think Crystal, think. If your own father doesn't love you, how can someone else love you. They all are faking everything to save their reputation. Once everything will be normal, they'll kick you out of their lives. You are nothing but just an unwanted burden on them" Maddison said with a huge smile.

I chuckled at her.

"How can you be so delusional Maddison? In which world you're living where you can't even see the truth. I agree that my father doesn't love or care for me but Dante and his family truly loves me. Their love does reflect in their eyes. You are blind if you can't see that" I said in amusement.

"Also I think it's high time now that you seriously need some professional help" I said softly.

"But I know that professional help costs a lot and now that your family is loosing their money so you might not be able to afford the help but don't worry I'll ask my mother in law to donate some money to you so that you can take some help. You know she believes in charity a lot and she always helps people in need. Although she doesn't like you and might say no to you but if I ask her, she won't say no as you know she really loves me" I said with a grin and saw Maddison clenching her jaw in anger.