Chapter 53

Crystal's pov

I woke up in pain and slowly opened my eyes but had to blink my eyes because of the lights. After a minute or so my eyes became normal so I looked around only to realise that once again I am in the hospital.

Seems like the hospital is my second home. After every few days I end up in hospital. Pst.

I looked beside me to see that Dante was sleeping nearby. I smiled at him but frowned when I recalled last night incidents of me getting kidnapped, Martin's betrayal, him telling me about my pregnancy, me running away from their cage and then getting shot by someone, on my stomach.

I widened my eyes in fear when I realised that I was shot on my stomach.

Shit. What about my baby.

"D-Dante" I called his name but he wasn't listening.

"Dante" This time I called his name a little loudly to which he finally woke up.

At first he looked a little confused but soon his eyes widened in happiness.

"Crystal, thank goodness you woke up" He yelled in happiness and hugged me quickly but carefully.

"Thank god. You scared me, Crystal" He said in a cracked voice to which I hugged him back.

"Dante.. I'm fine now" I said softly.

Dante broke the hug and kissed my forehead with tears in his eyes. He wiped his tears and smiled at me.

"I should call the doctor" He said and started to leave but I stopped him.

"Dante wait" He stopped in the middle and rushed towards me.

"What happened Crystal? Are you okay?" He asked and palmed my face lovingly.

"I'm fine Dante but I don't know about our baby. Is our baby fine?" I asked looking at him with hopeful eyes.

Hearing my question, his eyes widened in disbelief as if he wasn't expecting this.

Oh yes. He doesn't know about the baby yet.

"Dante I'm pregnant" I said with a small smile.

"Y-you.." He stammered looking at me with a helpless expression.

"Yes Dante I'm pregnant. We are going to be parents. Martin told me yesterday" I said with tears to which he closed his eyes in disbelief.

"Dante, yesterday I was shot on my stomach. Please tell me that our baby is fine" I asked touching his arms softly to which Dante looked at me with pain in his eyes.

"D-Dante please tell me that our baby is fine. You're scaring me" I said in a low voice and tried to get up but Dante pushed me back in my previous position.

"Crystal" He sighed heavily before looking at me.

"Crystal, please don't stress yourself. You need rest. I'll go and call the doctor" Dante said sadly to which I shook my head.

"No, no, no. First tell me that our baby is ok" I said and started to cry.

"Please Dante" I cried to which Dante cupped my cheeks and breathed heavily.

"Cr- Crystal, w-we lost our baby" Dante said looking directly in my eyes.

Freeze.

Everything around me stopped the minute Dante gave me this bad news. I looked at him with complete shock.

"Nooo" I cried shaking my head, hoping for him to say that he was joking but who I was kidding.

"No. You are lying. You are lying to me" I cried and once again tried to get up from the bed but Dante stopped me.