Chapter 19

Crystal's pov

A week later...

"Give this file to Dante Knight and ask him to sign these papers" Mr jenner said giving me a file to which I nodded and left his cabin.

It has been a week since that incident and a week since I haven't gotten a single threat from Kingsley's. I smiled thinking about that.

When I reached outside Dante's cabin, I mentally prepared myself first and than I knocked his cabin door to which I heard a faint 'Come in'.

Entering inside his cabin I saw him busy working in some file without looking at me. Twisting my lips at his ignorant behavior I moved ahead, towards his table.

"Um.. Mr jenner has send these files for you to sign" I said to which he looked up at me.

Now that he looked up at me I realised how tired he was looking. His eyes were little red, clearly indicating towards his lack of sleeping.

"Hmm" He nodded and took the file from me and he started reading them.

Till the time he was reading I wandered my gaze at his cabin in search of something interesting. Next moment my gaze fell on a cabinet which was filled with his trophies and certificates. I moved towards the cabinet and looked at his trophies.

There were several trophies placed beautifully. Some were small and some were in big sizes. I kept looking at him.

"He has won so many trophies but not a single trophy for being the world's biggest arrogant person, hmm. No problem, I'll give him that award" I giggled to myself.

"I heard that" I heard him and turned towards him and he was glaring me.

"Congratulations, you have sharp ears" I said instead of apologizing to which he glared me more but seconds later he shook his head in disbelief.

"I have signed these papers" He said to which I nodded and went towards him.

I collected all those papers and was about to leave when he caught my wrist.

"What?" I asked raising my brows at him.

"So you aren't coming?" He asked giving me a soft look.

"I'm not coming, where?" I asked confused.

"In party" He said to which I hummed in realisation.

About the party, Knights have thrown a big party for their employees, business partners and clients as Knights have won the biggest project of the year. Everyone is quite excited about this party. I even eavesdrops someone's conversation that Knights always throws the best parties and their parties are something you can't skip but I have to skip them.

"I really wanted to come but I have to prepare for my exam which is day after tomorrow" I said sadly.

"But aren't you a bright student. You can easily ace the exam even if you attend today's party" He said leaving my wrist.

"I don't know. I can't take risk" I sighed looking away.

"You're scared of taking risks?" He chuckled looking at me.

"Kind of" I replied in equally playful tone.

"Hmm.. That explain why you get nervous around stairs" He said in mocking tone.

"Ha ha very funny" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Can I leave now?" I asked after a minute of silence.

"No" He said but then shook his head and said "Yes".