Chapter 42

Crystal's pov

As soon as Dante turned towards my father and his wife, they both became shocked.

"Mr knight?" Kate asked surprisingly looking at Dante and then at me.

"D-Dante knight? What is he doing here, Crystal?" My father asked widening his eyes in surprise.

My father and Kate were looking at me but my focus was on my husband who was getting angerier by each passing second.

I moved towards him and grabbed his palm in mine and caressed it. I know that my actions will definitely questioned by my father and Kate to me but I couldn't stop myself.

"Crystal, I'm asking you something" My father asked raising his voice at me.

"What is Mr knight doing here?" He asked looking at Dante with admiration.

"And why are you holding his hand?" Kate asked glaring me to which I rolled my eyes at her and kept caressing Dante's palm.

"Mr kni-"

"Who did this to you?" Dante cuts them in middle and turned towards me.

"Dante" I sighed sadly and looked away from him.

"Crystal, I'm asking you something" Dante said sternly to which I looked at him.

"My father" I said softly.

Dante became more furious and angrily freed himself from my grip and rushed towards my father.

"Dante, No" I yelled in fear when I saw Dante punching my father.

"What the hell! Leave him" Kate too yelled and tried to save my father from Dante.

"Martin" I cried looking at Martin who immediately went towards them and pulled Dante away from my father.

"Dante please don't do this" I said worriedly and hugged him.

"Yes, Mr knight leave him. I have already called the cops. They are coming. You don't have to dirty your hands" Martin said to which I broke the hug and looked at Martin in shock.

"Cops?" I and Kate both asked together.

"Yes. Cops" Martin said glaring at Kate and then my father.

"Dante, what's this?" I asked surprisingly.

"Martin called me when your neighbor informed you about them *pointing at Kate and father* and also when they suddenly came so I decided to involve the cops incase they shows their true colors which they did" Dante said glaring at them.

"Dante, it's ok. You don't have to-"

"No Crystal, No. It's not okay. It's not okay that everyone keeps hurting you in different ways. I have already kept patience in Ashely's case but not here. They will have to pay for their deeds" Dante said angrily.

"At first he abandoned you when you needed him the most. He never looked back at you. Never tried to contact you or anything. But now when he is in mess he want you to handover your granny's property to him. What a selfish bastard he is" Dante yelled shaking his head in disbelief.

"I would have tried to keep my calm but he fucking hit you and for that I'm not forgiving him. No" Dante said giving me a look which meant to not stop him.

I sighed sadly and rubbed my forehead in agony. I know Dante isn't wrong. Even I want to punish them but-but i-i don't know.

"Why do you fucking care?" Kate yelled angrily to which we both turned towards her.

Kate gave me a disgusted look and then looked at Dante in fury.

"Why does it matter to you? Why you are calling cops for her?" Kate asked again.