Chapter 27

Fun fact:- Wattpad users don't need to spend money to vote and comment in someone's book. So please, stop being a ghost reader.

Dante's pov

As soon as I reached the hospital, I wasted no time and quickly got off the car.

I quickly ran towards the reception area where a women in her late thirties was typing something in her computer.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Crystal Kni.. Uh Crystal Collins" I said to which she looked up at me and nodded before checking her computer.

I looked at her in hurry.

"She is in second floor, room number 218" She said to which I muttered 'Thank you' to her and rushed towards the elevator.

Soon I reached there to see my parents, Ashton and Martin was their talking among themselves and they all looked worried.

"Dad" I said and went to them.

"How is Crystal? Is she okay?" I asked looking at them.

"Um..not really" Ashton said sadly to which my heart dropped.

"What happened?" I asked slowly.

"Her forehead got hit hardly by the edge of the stairs which caused a lot of bleeding. Right now doctors are treating her" Ashton said and I felt strange pain in my chest.

"Can we see her?" I asked to which he shook his head in denial.

I hummed and kept looking at the closed door. When I was standing there numbly, mom came to me and side hugged me.

"Don't worry. She will be okay. She is a strong girl" Mom said giving me a small smile. I tried to smile back at her but I couldn't.

Mom sighed and caught my wrist and motioned me to follow her. When we were in front of a bench, mom made me sit there and she herself sat beside me.

I clutched my head through my palms and looked down.

Just be okay Crystal! I kept chanted prayers in my head when I heard Dad's angry voice.

"What actually happened in her college? Why was Maddison there?" Dad asked to which I looked up at him to see that he was glaring Martin angrily.

"Maddison was invited by the college authorities for some event. Crystal messaged me that Maddison was there and she wanted to leave. But when I reached there I saw Crystal and Maddison were standing beside the stairs and they both were arguing about something and suddenly Maddison yelled at Crystal and pushed her down from the stairs" Martin chirped and I clenched my jaw angrily.

How dare she?

"This girl is just like her grandfather, cheap and disgusting" Mom said angrily.

"I can't believe this. After everything, she still has the guts to harm Crystal, who is a Knight now" Ashton almost yelled but than lowered his tone but he still looked angry.

"I badly want to punish Maddison" Mom said and I nodded.

"Don't worry. That girl will definitely get punished today" Dad said without wasting a second.

"Ashton, inform the cops about Maddison. Tell them to arrest Maddison Kingsley in attempt to murder charges. I want that girl in prison. Also make sure that from now on nobody works with Maddison Kingsley. And also make sure that no one get to know about Crystal's identity. She has suffered a lot now it's enough. I don't want her to suffer more" Dad said and Ashton nodded before leaving with Martin.

"Dad" I called dad to which he turned to me.

"It's time now. We should take all our money back from Kingsley's and we should use our power to demain them. They need to learn some lessons or else they will keep repeating these shits" I said to which dad nodded and called someone. I went back to the bench and sat there waiting for doctors.

After sometime doctors came out. I quickly stood up and went to them.

"How is Crystal?" I asked almost immediately.

"Don't worry Mr Knight. She is okay. Her forehead was bleeding badly but we have stopped the blood. As of now she is unconscious but she will be up soon" Doctor said to which I nodded.

"Can we see her?" I asked but he nodded his head and me and mom smiled at him and went inside.

When I entered inside I felt my heart ached seeing her lying in the hospital bed. She looked so small and fragile. Her head was wrapped with white bandage which caused her face to look really small. Suddenly I felt an urge to protect her from every danger.

With heavy heart I went close to her. My mom sat on the nearby stool and caressed her injured forehead.

"Get well soon, sweety" Mom chirped softly. She than stood up from the stool and came near me.

"Take care" Mom said patting my arm a little to which I nodded. Soon mom left the room. Now it was only me and Crystal in the room. I moved ahead and sat beside her where mom was sitting few seconds back.

Taking her palm in mine I softly kissed her knuckles.

"This is the last time you're getting hurt, I promise. I will make sure that nobody will hurt you from now on" I said looking at her unconscious form.

Crystal's pov

I slowly opened my eyes to see a while ceiling above me. I frowned looking at that.

I tried to get up but felt a sharp pain in my forehead. When I touched my forehead I realised that a bandage was wrapped in my forehead. Suddenly the memories of Maddison pushing me down from the stairs came in my mind. So I'm in the hospital? I groaned angrily.

That witch.

"Crystal?" Soon I heard a familiar voice. As I looked towards the source of voice, I found Dante looking at me with happiness. Soon he came beside me and caught my hand.

"Are you okay? Do you feel pain? When did you woke up?" He asked and I looked at him confusingly.

"Dante? What are you doing here?" I questioned instead of answering him back.

"Martin informed me about you. Now will you please tell me that are you okay or not? Is your head paining?" He asked softly.

"I'm okay" I said and he sighed in relief.

He sat on the chair which was beside my bed and squeezed my hand a little.

"I'm sorry" He said suddenly to which I looked at him in shock.

"Because of me, Maddison pushed you" He said looking genuinely upset.

"Dante listen. It wasn't your fault so please stop blaming yourself" I said and squeezed his hand a little.

"But still i-"

"Dante please stop. I'm not blaming you and I really don't want you to blame yourself. Maddison is the one who should be blamed here, not you" I said and he gave me a small smile but his smile looked fake.

"Oh come on, stop making this face. You look handsome with your smirk and not with this fake ass smile" I whined with a frown and suddenly he looked at me with amusement. But soon he smirked evily at me.

"What?" I asked raising my brows at him.

"You just said that I look handsome when I smirk. I'm glad to know that" He smirked at me and I almost groaned.

"I didn't meant that" I said looking away from him.

"Sure, whatever makes you sleep at night" He replied with a stupid smirk adoring his handsome, no sorry, his ugly face. Yeah ugly.

He is anything but not ugly. My inner voice mocked me.

"Okay stop giving me angry glares" He said raising his hands in air to which I twisted my lips a little.

"You are cute" He chuckled at me and pinched my right cheek causing me to look at him in surprise.

This man!

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

I hope you guys liked the chapter. Please don't forget to vote and comment. And also share this story with your friends and family. And do check my other books too.

Thank you (❁´◡'❁)