Flyimg Home.

I wake up on Colbys sofa and see him grabbing some things and putting them in a bag “what are you doing this early?” I ask “packing, our flights in a few hours and we still need to go to your place and pack” he says “oh shit yeah i forgot” I say getting up and going to the bathroom.

“I messaged Sam telling him that we’re going he’s gonna meet us at yours and he’s gonna take us to the airport” Colby explains as i walk over to him in the kitchen and he hands me a coffee “thanks” I say

….

We get to my apartment and go and pack some clothes and then i get dressed

I decided not to tell my grandpa about coming up because i wanted to surprise him

I decided not to tell my grandpa about coming up because i wanted to surprise him. “Sam’s here” Colby says as i bring my bags to the sitting room, we head down to the front of the building and get into Sams car.

….

We get to the airport and go to grab some breakfast from starbucks and sit waiting for our flight. “Have you spoken to your grandad since you left?” Colby asks “no, i thought it would be a nice surprise” I say, not wanting to eat my food anymore because of the nerves setting in, “are you okay” he asks looking at the worry on my face

“I’m just scared this is a bad idea” I admit “it’s not, and your not alone so i doesnt matter” he says reassuringly. We go through security and get our bags checked and then get on the plane. “Are you gonna film this?” Colby asks sitting in the seat next to me “i dont know i will probably record his reaction” I say “I’ll record it for you” he says.

…. 

We finally get off the plane after 4 hours and pick up our bags “our uber should be outside in a minute so we should probably get a move on” Colby says “okay” I say and we both start to speed walk to the exit. “Colby brock?” the man asks as Colby and I make it to the car “yes” Colby says shaking the man's hand, Colby opens my door and take my bags putting them in the trunk and the getting into the passenger seat.

“So whats brought you two to chicago?” the man driving asks “Im surprising my grandpa” I say smiling a little “thats nice” he says. After a little bit of driving we turn down a street that I have dreamt of seeing again, my grandpa lived in a nice area probably one of the nicest places in chicago, i didnt realise we had stopped until Colby opens my door “are you ready?” he asks and moves to the truck to get the bags out “no” I reply shaking a little

“Good luck” the man says closing the truck after Colby “thank you”. We walk up the driveway and place the bags down on the porch, Colby gets his phone out and starts to record, I take a deep breath and knock on the door. I wait for a couple of minutes and then the door opens.

“y/n?” my grandpa asks “hi” I say quietly and his face lights up as he pulls me into a tight hug, after a few minutes we pull away but he is still holding onto my arms “what are you doing here?” he asks “i missed you” I answer “pops this is my friend Colby” I say moving to the side so he can say hello “hello” Colby says holding out his hand, my grandpa takes Colby’s hand a shakes it roughly.

“Hello” he says looking at Colby with a stern face, “right come on inside, sit down” he says taking us inside and sitting us down in the living room “how are you here, are you sure its safe enough?” he asks “it’s safe pops, umm… Alex is dead” I say looking down at my hands “how?” “he found me in LA, he came to my apartment and was threatening me, my friend called the police and when they tried to arrest him he lunged at me with a knife and they shot him” I explain picking at my nails as a few tears fall down my cheeks.

“If you ask me he got what he deserved” pops says standing up and walking towards me “pops you cant say that” I say, “i will and i did” he says wiping away my tears “now” he says getting me to stand “lets get your stuff up to the rooms and then we are going out for dinner” he says and Colby stands up as well.

We grab our bags and go up stairs “your room butter cup” he says, opening the door to the room i used to have here when I needed to get away, I smile at the old nickname and then put my bags in the room as he takes Colby to his room.

“Where are we going for dinner?” I asks standing in my doorway so i can see my grandpa “its a surprise but wear something a little fancy” he says and walks down the hallway to his room. “Did you bring fancy clothes?” I ask Colby, standing in his room “yeah ive got a nice shirt” he says “ok, im gonna go get ready” i say walking to my room.

I go through my bag trying to pick what to wear, i brought a couple of nice outfits cause i wanted to take my grandpa out and treat him, i decided on a cute simple black dress:

I put on some simple false lashes and my boot and then went downstairs and sat on the sofas while i waited for the other two to be done, it feels weird to be back here but for the most part it felt good, “hey” Colby says sitting next to me “hey” I...

I put on some simple false lashes and my boot and then went downstairs and sat on the sofas while i waited for the other two to be done, it feels weird to be back here but for the most part it felt good, “hey” Colby says sitting next to me “hey” I reply “you look nice” he says and i smile a little “thank you, you dont look too bad yourself” I say

“Right you ready kids?” pops asks coming into the living room “yes” Colby and I say at the same time, we get into his car and he starts to drive to the place, the closer we get i start to realise where we’re going. Back when i lived here we used to talk about going here one day, when everything was better and life was normal again, we said how we would dress up and eat loads of food until we threw up. That was when i was 16. 5 years ago.

“Surprise!” he says as he parks the car, “you still remember” I say laughing a little and getting out of the car "of course, I always keep my promises" my grandpa says. I look at Colby to see him confused "5 years ago pops promised that when everything is better he would bring me here and we would eat all we could" I say watching his expression change to a smile.

A/N:
Just a short chapter but I hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to vote, love ya xx