VI

Wednesday and Angel are silently walking to their next class. They feel comfortable and both girls have a soft smile on their face.

Angel is back to her music, headphones always on her ears. Wednesday can't help to stare down at her. She can't tear her eyes off those lips, slightly parted because her fangs. She wants to know what songs she always listen.

She stops and Angel turns confused.

"Ang-" but the girl changes her expression and looks up, hearing something strange.

Wednesday follows her gaze and sees a statue falling down on them. She instinctively tries to protect the blonde but the last thing she remembers is someone shouting Angel's name.

Wednesday opens her eyes and sees a boy looking at her.

"Welcome back" he smiles. She quickly gets up, immediately thinking about Angel.

"Just take it easy. Nurse said you don't have a concussion, but you probably have a nasty bump, huh ?" says while sitting on a chair between hers and someone else's bed.

Her eyes widen a bit when she recognizes the little blonde unconscious.

She looks back at the boy.

"The last thing I remember I was walking outside whit Angel... feeling a mixture of rage, pity and self-disgust. I never felt that way before" it isn't true. She didn't feel that way.

He smiles "Losing to Bianca has that effect on people, I think"

"Then I looked up and saw that gargoyle coming down and I thought, "I least I'll have an imaginative death"". She looks again at Angel. She wanted to save her, why is she awake and not her.

"You saved us, why ?"

He sighs "I didn't".

Wednesday turns at him shocked. "I wanted to save you, but I was too slow. I saw Angel pushing you aside and then the statue hit her. You both lost consciousness". He looks at Angel with worry "She-" 

"Wednesday !" Angel gets up panicked so quickly that she instantly regret it. "Aw shit too fast" and covers her head with her hands. She fells like her head could explode at any moment, but she needs to know if Wednesday is good.

Wednesday feels relieved that she woke up, but she in pain isn't a good view.

"Hey easy, you hurt your head pretty badly" the boy gets up and holds her hands.

Wednesday doesn't like that.

The blonde opens her eyes. "Oh hi Xavier" he blushes and Wednesday huffs. Hearing that Angel turns to look at her "Are you okay ?" 

They lock their eyes and for seconds they just stare at each other.

"You saved me" it's all she says. She looks down at the way he is still holding her hands. Angel notices, and with an apologetic smile, she frees her from the hold.

"Well, I'm not human, so at least I can take advantage of that" she uncovered herself and stands up but loose balance. Xavier is ready to catch her.

Wednesday's fists hurt. She just doesn't understand why she is so bothered. It's unnecessarily from him to touch her like that. First his hands holding hers and now on her little waist... maybe she will cut them one day.

"You should rest Angel" he helps her lay down and moves a piece of blonde lock that covers her face, lost in her delicate features, ignoring the intense stare on his head.

"You can go now" the raven girl abruptly says.

He looks at her confused "but I-""She saved me, I'll stay with her" cuts him.

He takes a last glance at his beautiful crush and goes away.

Wednesday instantly feels calmer. She comes near the bed and sees how Angel sleeps again.

She just stares at her and delicately covers the fragile figure with a blanket.