XIII

"Hey, before you leave, I want you to have this" Tyler says handling her a folder. "It's you dad's police file from when he was at Nevermore. I think it's the reason my dad hates him"

Wednesday silently looks at it. Still feeling her heart heavy.

"You okay ?" he asks.

"I'm not used to people engaging with me. Most see me coming and cross the street" she responds.

"You're not scary. You're just kinda... kooky"

Wednesday looks up at him. "I prefer spooky"

He smiles shyly and points down at the panda between her arm.

"What's the deal with that ?"

Her face clearly hards and holds tighter her stuffed animal.

"Now my train leaves in an hour. We're burning moonlight"

When she moves past him, she sees three guys walking towards them. She recognizes them as the guys she fought at the Weathervane.

Tyler turns following her gaze. "Come on, Wednesday. Wednesday ! We can lose them in the crowd" He grabs her arm, but she shoves his hand. She doesn't want to follow him, she wants to find Angel.

However, pushing through groups on people, she bumps into Rowan.

Her head shots up to the sky and her body went stiff. Another vision.

Angel smells Wednesday's blood for no reason close to her. She doesn't listen at what Xavier is saying and turns to look for her.

When she sees her body on the ground she stands up concerned.

"Angel... what are you doing ?"

Her concern grows when the raven gets up and with a worried face follows someone into the woods. Her panda still between her arm.

"Angel !"

Angel doesn't think twice and run after her, feeling her senses on alert. Something dangerous is about to happen.

She stops when she sees Wednesday up against a tree.

"You're the one who's in danger" she looks away and sees Rowan chuckling, using his telekinesis to keep her still.

Angel feels something in her chest explode with anger.

"What are you doing ?" Wednesday questions.

"Saving everyone from you. I have to kill you" he says shakily.

Hearing that, Angel's claws and fangs grow, her teeth gritting and a deep frown appears on her face. Fortunately, she is still conscious and can stop him without killing him.

"Rowan" they turn at her, only now noticing her. "Put her down" growls irritated the blonde.

Wednesday's eyes wide in panic. Rowan will attack her too. She again feels this instinct to keep her safe.

"Angel go away !" she shouts. Trying to shove somehow the grip.

Rowan is clearly terrified now, he knows that if she'll lose control he won't survive. But doesn't let go.

Shakily, he uses his powers to make float a piece of paper in front of them.

"Girl in the picture. That's you"

"You want to kill me because of some picture ?" She starts to feel the invisible grip on her neck tightening.

"My mother drew that picture 25 years ago when she was a student at Nevermore. She was a powerful Seer. Told me about before she died" He starts to explain.

"Rowan put me down" she slightly pleads and that's enough for the hybrid.

"No ! My mother said it was my destiny to stop this girl if she ever came to Nevermore, because she will destroy the school and everyone in-" but he stops seeing a definitely angry Angel.

"I won't repeat myself again Rowan. Put. Her. Down. Now."

"Angel go away !" she shouts, but she doesn't take her eyes off him.

He raises his hand, trying to push her away.

"Don't even t-" but Wednesday's eyes open in shock.

Angel lowers herself on the ground, like a wolf who is going to attack its prey. She looks at how different she seems. The second he moves, she pushes herself to him with her feet with such an incredible strength.

In a blink of an eye, Rowan is down. One hand on his throat and the other on his arm, keeping him still.

"What the fuck ! Please don't kill me !"

Wednesday falls on the ground, inhaling deeply.

Suddenly they hear a loud growl coming from the woods and when Angel notices something huge coming toward her and Rowan, she lets go, taking steps back towards the raven girl.

Wednesday gets up too and goes near her.

Both girls look at the huge creature digging his claws into Rowan. Blood spurts everywhere and he screams in pain.

Wednesday and Angel take few steps back scared.

At the same time, Wednesday raises her hand in front of Angel, to push her behind her, and Angel raises her hand too, to protect Wednesday.

The girls turn confused, the blonde clearly more panicked.

"What are you doing ?! Get behind me, I can protect you" Angel argues.

"No"

Before she can answer back, the creature turns. Their breaths stop.

It looks at them with his large and disturbing eyes.

Unexpectedly, it just growls and runs away.