XXXII

Angel's pov:

I tap my finger on my hip as we wait for Tyler. Wednesday thinks he can help us, but I don't want to see his puppy eyes looking at her.

"I thought you were supposed to be at Pilgrim World" We hear Xavier's voice behind us. I turn and a huge shy smile appears on his face. I smile greeting him.

"We deserted it while our sanity was still intact" 

He leans on the counter. "You want a coffe ? It's one of the many perks of this wonderful assignment" I nod, needing a coffe, and he immediately starts doing it. Wednesday just stares at him, her body comes closer to mine.

"Thank you" and he bows jokingly. 

"Everything for you" I smile nervously blushing a bit. "So what are you doing here ?" I sip on my coffe and look at Wednesday, annoyance on her face.

"We're looking for Tyler" His smile fades. "I told you it was bad news" 

"Twice. But who I speak to is my business" they stare at each other and i look down feeling awkward. She then ring.

As Tyler comes with his smuggy smile I roll my eyes a bit and Xavier smirks, probably catching I don't like him.

"You rang ?" Wednesday turns at Xavier with a hard look, wanting him to go away. 

"Bye Xavier" I wave and he blush waving me back. Ok, now it's obvious he has a crush on me. 

"Want the usual ?" Tyler asks Wednesday and I sip again irritated. He didn't do anything wrong to me, but I don't like him ok ?

"Some help" She takes out the map from her backpack and puts it on the table. I hurriedly go near her, still uncomfortable with Tyler's presence. She gives me a questioning look.

"You know the original pilgrim meeting house, the one from the 1600s ? You know if it's still around ?"

"What's left is out in Cobham Woods, but it's pretty much a ruin"

"Show me" I don't see where he points on the map because my inner wolf is clearly jealous at how he goes near Wednesday and my eyes are fixated on him. 

"There, but, look, it's kind of sketchy. Squatters and meth heads use that place as a crash pad. My dad has it cleared out every couple weeks. What's this about ?" He looks at me for the first time. "Nothing" my voice comes more cold than I wanted. Glad she doesn't explain.

"You're really becoming obsessed with this monster in the woods thing" he smirks and I scoff silently. Wednesday heard it thought. "Would you rather I develop an obsession with horse and boy bands ? Thank you for the help" His teasing smile never leaving his face. 

Wednesday takes my hand to leave. Happy again, I send a quick victorious look at Tyler and follow, but he stops us. "Hey, listen, the ruins are kind of tricky to find. I could take you this afternoon. My shift ends at 2:00" Without thinking I squeeze her hand and she starts stroking mine a bit.

"Principal Weems would hang, draw and quarter me if I miss the big statue dedication and as enticing as that sounds, I'd prefer to keep a low profile. Besides, I know my way around the great outdoor and" she smirks slightly at me "I am with Angel" I blush a bit at how she proudly said that.

His smile falters a little. "Don't tell me you were a Girl Scout"

"I could eat Girl Scout for breakfast. Actually I have an uncle who went to prison for that" Tyler frowns speechless, but I gasp surprised and curious. I want to meet her uncle.

We walk through the forest chatting a bit, I asked about her uncle and he is so cool. The sky is covered in clouds, maybe it'll rain, I hope not because we don't have an umbrella. 

We finally came across a burnt-down husk, which I assume is the old meeting hose. It's kinda creepy. We share a frown then Wednesday goes to open the worn-down door, checking it before letting me go inside. She places the backpack on the ground, letting Thing helping with the search. He motions. "I was expecting more too" I say. 

I hear a man's steps approaching the place. "What are you doing here little girls ?" I stay focused on him, if he ever decides to do something dangerous.

Wednesday glares up at him coldly. "Use the words "little" and "girl" to address at me or my partner again and I can't guarantee your safety" her voice low and bitter.

The man's eyes wide. "This is my place ! Get out !" he yells, shaking with rage.

"Thing, a hand here ?" 

I laugh as he climbs on the man and clings to his bird. His strong grip never letting go even when he runs off for mercy. Screaming, clearly not expecting a hand can beat him.

"There's nothing here" Wednesday murmurs disappointed.

"Maybe you need to touch something" I suggest. She sighs.

"No, I can't just touch something. My visions seem to happen spontaneously"

Thing climb on my shoulder and he gestures. I can understand him fortunately.

"I would rather dye my hair pink than ask my mother for advice" I giggle thinking at her with pink hair. "Don't think of me with pink hair" she points at me a bit amused and I raise my hand. Thing then goes down and scratch a rock.

"Oh, you want me to prove it to you" she slams her hand on a wood frustrated.

"No" she goes to another wall "Nothing. Ah, I bet this will give us some real insight" she says raising a burned paper and starts acting like she's having a vision. Her eyes wide and her body trembles. Her head lift up and I can't help but look at her neck, licking my lips involuntarily.

She stops and looks around disappointed. Coming to me, she puts her hand around my waist. "My visions are about as predictable as shark attacks. Let's go Cara" 

She takes her backpack with her other hand and we goes at the door, but ironically a vision comes to her as she touches is. "Wednesday" I catch her before she can hit the ground, resting her head on my lap. I wait patiently stroking her cheek a bit.