XI

Wednesday looks at her concentrated face, typing something on her computer. They are again close to each other. The raven sitting on her chair and the blonde standing up. 

This closeness, however, doesn't make her feel uncomfortable and it doesn't bother her. Specially when their arms touch slightly.

Feeling watched, Angel turns her head and for a moment she remain dazed by her gaze.

Clearing her throat and blushing slightly, she turns at the screen. "It won't take long, I'll just make sure you'll need to press one button" 

This evening her room was messier. Some books and pens scattered on her bed, as well as music sheets on the ground, near her guitar.

"Sorry for the mess... again" she giggles embarrassed. "I tried to study a bit. Also I have to play a song tomorrow for music class and I was practicing" 

The raven wants to hear her playing anything. 

She looks at her again. She can't tear her eyes off her. Her face is more exposed since she has her hair tied back in a messy ponytail. Flawless the way her slightly dimples shows when she speaks.

"Ok, well, when you hear the ringtone, just tap space. I think Thing is already at Tyler" and shows her, bringing her back from her thoughts.

Why is she fascinated by her features ? Looking at her makes her feel sick... but in a good way. She doesn't understand and she hates when something catches her off guard.

Angel notices how the taller girl's features harden. Is she uncomfortable ?

When she is about to asks her what's wrong, Tyler calls.

She sighs and takes one more glance, feeling sadness.

While Wednesday arranges her escape with him, Angel tidies her room a bit. She can't understand how her room always gets messy every time she enters it.

When the videochat ends, the raven girl gets up and turns at the other girl, who is currently on the floor looking at the music sheets.

"Thank you, I appreciate your help" she says with her hands behind her back.

Only then Angel notices that she is done.

Wednesday keeps staring at her and she can't hold. She plays with her rings looking down.

"So... at the Harvest Festival... will be the last time I'll see you" she mumbles, her mood down.

She takes a few steps towards her. 

"You seem upset" it's all she can say.

Angel hugs her legs, still avoiding eye contact.

"I'm not upset... I... I was... well... I was hoping to get to know you better... that's all" she blushes.

The raven girl feels something pleasant in her chest which makes her almost smile. She is speechless. She hoped to know her more too, but her priorities are more important. She doesn't get attached to anyone, yet she feels a sort of connection with her. Since the first day she saw her.

Angel's grey eyes pose on the other when she takes few more steps and lowers to be at the same level. 

She looks at her like she wants to say something, but many emotions pass through her eyes, making Angel's heart beating frenetically.

Wednesday's hand twitches with need to caress her cheek, to see her always contagious smile. 

However, Wednesday realizes what she wanted to do and gets up quickly, being shocked. She doesn't do this things. What is happening to her ? She needs to go away.

"I need to go" and quickly leaves the room and a confused Angel on the ground.