XXVIII

Angel's pov:

As they take off my robe, the first thing I do is search Wednesday's eyes and she does the same. Her face shows disappointment, I imagine she expected more from them. 

I like her with messy bangs. Our hands tied up tight behind our back. Easy to me to break it and I notice also for her to loosen it. Her eyes have something I can't put my finger on as she sees me tied up.

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum ?" an edited deep voice speaks, trying to scare us, recognizing it at Bianca's. We can see only their shade as a projector is put in front of us, but thanks to me being not human, I already know who stands where.

"You can take the mask off Bianca" I smile as the girl next to me already recognized the voice. They shut off the projector and show their faces. Wednesday's annoyed stare intensifies. Everyone is scared of her because of that, of her always neutral face and death stare, but she's never done it to me, only neutral at the beginning. No one saw or see her smirk or smile, but I do.

"Wait, I preferred you with it on" Bianca only scoffs. I study amused what they are wearing.

"I told you it's nonsense all of this, specially with Angel and Wednesday" She points at us frustrated.

"How did you get down here ?" Xavier's attention on me, blushing a bit when I look back. I remember the conversation he had in his room and now I don't know how to behave with him. I see Xavier nothing more than a friend. Hope it's a small crush.

"Rowan showed me. Then we solved the riddle" Wednesday answers, giving him like some sort of warning look.

"Wait, there is a riddle ? I thought we just snapped twice" The siren boy receives disappointment looks from everyone.

"Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch ?" 

"The Nightshades are an elite social club. Emphasis on elite" "We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny-dip" "And Yoko's an amateur mixologist" "She makes a killer virgin mojito. It can get pretty wild" I bet Enid doesn't know that Ajax is in this secret club.

"Wow. Do you guys even have a bedtime ?" I chuckle at her sarcasm. "Last we heard the Nightshades had been disbanded" I state.

"Yeah, the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some norm kid died" Xavier's eyes still on me.

"But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks other way as long as nobody makes any waves" Bianca continue.

"Someone like Rowan ?" She asks. Bianca glares at her "We booted that loser last semester" she explains "Question is, what are we gonna do with them ? Only members are allowed in this library" 

Silence falls as they look uncertain at each other until Xavier speaks again "I say we invite them to pledge"

"What ?" Bianca clearly disagree. "She's even a legacy" he point at the painting on the wall.

"After the crap she pulled in the Poe Cup, there's no way in hell. We talk about not making waves ? They're a tsunami" a look of hate coming from her.

"Just because I beat you at your own game ? Let me save you the trouble. We're not interested in joining" I nod at what Wednesday said, I don't want to be part of their group.

"You're seriously turning us down ?" Yoko asks surprised.

"Can you believe it ?" Everyone looking pissed at us and I smile awkwardly, felling a bit bad. They really have faith in this club.

"Untie them" Bianca commands irritated.

"I freed myself five minutes ago" Wednesday answers showing the rope. She gets up and come behind my chair to untie me, but using a bit of my real strength I break it without effort. She smirks proudly down at me.

Getting up, she guides me outside but the guy who spoke earlier blocks us. Wednesday gets even more irritated. "Do You want a matching black eye ?" she threatens banging her rope on his chest to challenge him.

"Let's go" I pull her hand. In the middle of the stairs she speaks again. "It's amateurs like you who give kidnapping a bad name" and I pull her again shaking my head giggling.

Outside the library she takes my wrists to see if I'm hurt. "The rope was tied up pretty tight, but I already healed" I take hers and I see a bit of redness. I pout, passing gently my finger. 

"I'll take you to your room" she states now calm. We chat a bit walking side by side, happy to have found the book.

"We'll examine the book tomorrow, you should rest" As we reached my room she looks at my slightly rings under the eyes. I look back at my door starting to play with the rim of my shirt not wanting to be alone without her, my mother often on my mind recently at night. But she needs to sleep too.

She takes my hand "Goodnight, mi luz" she kisses the top of it and looks directly into my eyes, making me stop my breathing. My hand burning where she kissed it.

I don't know what came to me but I can't take my eyes off her lips, like she did a sort of spell. An urgent desire to kiss her growing in me. My heart wanting to escape its place and my fangs hurting again. I don't know from where this comes from, I just know that my inner wolf is craving for her to touch me, to kiss me. He's never snapped like that.

However, I came back to reality when I hear someone's student walking into the hallway. 

I look back at her eyes and they seem darker than usual, staring at my lips. I blush violently and decide to kiss her cheek instead.