XIX

Wednesday keeps looking at the tense girl in front of her. Her attitude changed in few seconds.

She turns her head. She can't clearly see her features. Who is she ? Why is she still staring mischievously at her and why she bothers her so much ?

"Angel" she tries again softly. Her knuckles now completely white.

Angel is lost in the eye contact, she watches carefully every moves she does, hating her presence. What is she doing here ? Maybe she is bored and wants to make fun of her.

Suddenly, Wednesday's concern increases when Angel's behavior changes from angry to terrified.

"No" she whispers. Her eyes starts to water, panicked, and Wednesday's heart breaks. What is happening ? The girl at the beginning of the woods isn't there anymore. 

Angel's hands starts to shake and she starts breathing hard. "No" whispers again. Her view starts to blurry, feeling dizziness. She is having a panic attack.

Wednesday panics too. She knows the symptoms, so she understand what is happening to the small one. However, she isn't used to help someone get over it

Remembering her presence, Angel excuses herself and runs to her room.

"Wait !" Wednesday follows. She doesn't think, she needs to be by her side.

"Fuck" Angel whispers, her hands covering her eyes, "Fuck" walking desperately in her room. "Fuck !" she screams, tears start to fall uncontrollably.

She tries to calm her breath, like her father thought her, but she can't. 

Her sister talked. 

She gets frustrated and punches the wall. She digs her claws into her palms. Pain will make her mind think of something else. Maybe what she told her isn't true.

Wednesday comes to her door, a little out of breath. Angel used her speed and she run to catch her. She opens and enters, closing it behind. 

"Angel" she makes carefully a step. Her eyes full of worry.

The blonde didn't seem to hear her at first, but when their eyes meet, Angel gets more frustrated and Wednesday's chest pangs more.

"You-You can't be here" she tells. "Go away ! If-If" she tries to breath normally "No, no, no. Maybe it isn't true" she sobs desperately, still walking. "She can't be back- she- she" Angel leans against the wall out of breath, slipping down, a hand on her painful chest.

Wednesday runs to her and kneels down.

"Angel breath" she takes her small hands, squeezing them.

"I-I can't" it's ironic how such a being like her has panic attacks.

"Yes you can. Breathe with me" she starts inhaling and exhaling and the blonde tries to follow.

Angel looks at her. Her touch calms her a bit, but not completely. She closes her eyes, shaking her head.

"You-you can't be here-you" but Wednesday takes gently her chin making her look again.

"Tell me what you see" she guides the small hands to her face. Angel frowns not understanding.

"Tell me what you see" she touches the raven's forehead.

"I see-" she takes a deep breath "I see a forehead" she moves her shaking hands "Two eyebrows... Two e-ears" inhaling and exhaling again. "T-Two cheeks" she focuses on what it fells like touching her. She loves that. "A nose" She traces it with a finger, noticing some freckles. Angels smiles when the other wrinkles her nose a bit, not used to be touched like that. "A chin"

Wednesday notices how her breath slows down. She doesn't want to admit it, but she loves how her delicate hands touch her.

"Lips" she traces them charmed and Wednesday parts them a bit. Then her gaze ups. "Two eyes" 

They stare at each other for what feels like hours with such intensity that both blush. 

Angel's panic is gone now, thanks to Wednesday.

"I-" she starts, feeling bad.

"It's okay" Wednesday cups her face, wiping away dry tears. She smiles unconsciously, relieved that she helped. Her chest a bit easier.

They still stare at each other. 

However, Wednesday suddenly realizes the closeness and backs away, clearing her throat, now surprised, and deep down frightened, by her own action.