XXVII

Angel's pov:

Wednesday's deep scowl is something very funny to see. Black Cat's won and I can't be more happy for them. Enid is extremely exited, she can't stay still. I cheer for them still looking at the annoyed gothic girl.

Her tactic was amazing and she made Ophelia Hall win. Thing and Enid helped a lot, telling me she asked herself "WWWD". 

I wait until Principal Weems gave them the trophy, but decide to walk away from the crowd of students when I see the gothic girl going away.

I find her sitting under Edgar Allan Poe's statue, looking up.

"See, you've won" I smile, sitting beside her, our arms brushing "What are you doing down here ?"

"Hiding. People keep randomly smiling at me, it's unsettling" she confesses. After taking her time to look at me, she moves a strand of hair that had fallen on my face due to the wind behind my ear. 

"It's called having your moment. You took down Bianca Barclay" I smirk proud at her. Her frown loosens a bit, a small grin reaching her perfect face.

"I had another vision" she blurts after a moment of silence. I look at her concerned. "I saw a girl similar to me and she told me that I am the key, with the purple book in her hand" I can sense that she is bothered by not knowing what's happening and why it'll be her fault. 

"When ?"

"When I went to take the flag..." "So Joseph Crakstone is a clue" I finish knowing where the flag was situated.

Wednesday just nods and sighs. 

Later at evening, I lay on my bad scrolling tik toks and drinking a bit of blood. For now using the idea of consuming small quantity of it. I giggles sometimes, sending them to Enid.

A soft music playing from the speakers, just chilling, when I hear a knock on my door. With my attention now on who's behind it, I immediately recognize Wednesday.

"I've found something" she says exited, but still composed, as I open the door. "Would you want to come with me, cara mia ?" she bows a little extending her arm for me to take her hand. Smirking seeing me so flustered. Her smirk will be the death of me. Of course I follow you Wednesday.

Hands in hands, we reach the statue where we spoke after the Poe Cup. She explained to me that she saw the same symbol that it's on the book on the paper Rowan gave her.

Aiming the torch on it, she confirm that is the same symbol. I climb the step, seeing something written on the pages. Edgar Allan Poe's riddles are legendary. However, it's not a single riddle, each line is its own separate one. I inform Wednesday about it and she takes out her notepad, waiting to write down the answers.

""The opposite of moon" Sun. "A world between ours" Nether..." Finishing I go down near her and she looks up smirking at me. I read and all the first words are circled. SNAP TWICE. We look at each other proud and we snap twice together. The statue starts moving behind, giving access to some stairs.

"Hope we'll find something interesting. After you" she places her hand on my lower back and guides me inside. But I stop. "What's wrong ?"

I sniff again to be sure and I sigh. "Bianca, Xavier, Ajax and others are there hiding, waiting for us" 

"Maybe the Nightshades still exists" she rolls her eyes.

"What do we do ?" she thinks of an option but then she just shrugs.

"Let see what they do" I agree and we follow the stairs down.

A huge library comes in front of us, this place is old, but it's nice. I look at the walls and I see a painting of Wednesday's mum. Turning, I see she noticed. "She's everywhere in this school" she murmurs irritated. I take her hand behind my back, stroking it with my thumb, and we start looking for the purple book she saw in her visions. 

Finding it immediately, we grin at each other but my attention shifts on the people moving silently behind us. I gave her a look and she seems to understand so she put the book into her bag.

What they do ? They put a robe on our head. I can't help but giggle.