XV

Angel moves her leg anxiously while drinking her daily blood. She is waiting for Wednesday in her room. How long does it take ? 

But most important, why is Rowan alive ? How can he be alive ?

They saw him die, she didn't hear any pulse and the amount of blood lost was too much for a human to survive.

She stands up and walks around her room impatiently.

Something is not right. The scene still imprinted in her head isn't wrong.

She sighs and decides to play something. She will talk about this with Wednesday.

Angel sits and caresses the keys of the piano gently before playing, smiling softly, remembering how her father always laughed when seeing her doing this.

Wednesday walks fast to Angel's room. How can it be possible ? Someone is clearly framing his murder. She knows what they saw at the Harvest Festival. She also needs to scold the small one for being impulsive and putting herself in danger.

She stops at the blonde's hallway, hearing sweet notes of a piano. 

She is playing.

Wednesday forgets for a moment her irritation and debates if knocking or not. However, the other must have sensed her because the music stops and then the girl who is constantly on her mind opens the door. That smile will kill her one day.

The gothic girl goes in and starts talking.

"Someone is framing Rowan's murder. He can't be alive" she puts her hands behind her back, her tone monotone like always.

"I know, for a moment I thought we were wrong, but too much things are against that theory" Angel approaches the piano to take her blood bag.

Wednesday watches carefully again her lips.

"We need to investigate" she blurts. "We need to talk to him" 

The blonde looks at her deep eyes, seeing a sort of sparkle.

"This means that you'll stay here a bit longer" her grey eyes showing happiness.

She didn't want to stay here any longer, but this murder makes her feel like going insane and it isn't like she expected. She needs to investigate, feeling exited about this mystery. However, a deep part of her is happy to share this with Angel. She didn't want for her to see that scene, but now they'll have something else to share. 

"Yes, I need to fix this" it's all she answers.

Angel happiness is clearly visible and the raven looks away a bit overwhelmed by seeing her like this because of her choice. She isn't angry anymore.

Wednesday's head turns at her. "You didn't need to follow me yesterday and you didn't need to stand for me. I could've done it alone"

Angel narrows her eyebrows. "What if the monster attacked you ? It could have killed you" a chill runs down her spine thinking at that.

Wednesday sighs. "It could've killed you too". Her voice softer now.

She smiles sadly. "I feed on animal blood, my strength isn't at the highest level, but in the end I could've defeat him" if the creature attacked them, she would've left her fear aside. Yes, she would come out with wounds, but in the end she would've won. Maybe. With her evil part she would've surely won, but loosing control is dangerous for the other girl too.

Wednesday trusts her words, but she wouldn't have stood seeing her injured if that happened. Hell no, she didn't like seeing her in the infirmary the day of the statue.

She still wants to know why she isn't at her highest power. 

"Why do you not drink human blood ?"

Angel's face change. It isn't a topic she likes to talk. 

She bites her lip, looking at the bag in her hands.

"Because it's disgusting"

She understands that this is a lie, but she shrugs it off. She has time to find out.

"It seems like you didn't sleep much. I don't know if you sleep normally like a werewolf or little like vampire, but you seem tired"

"I didn't sleep at all" she confesses embarrassed, making Wednesday's heart to ache. "I usually don't sleep much, only when I'm on lack of blood, food. I just... I knew Rowan and it kinda torments me knowing him dead... knowing him dead in that way"

She would like to comfort her, but she doesn't know how. 

"Are you okay ?" She asks interested in her wellbeing.

"Yes" She was shocked yesterday, but not because of the monster. Rowan told her she will destroy the school and everyone in it, that she will be the key. She can't stop thinking about that.

To break the silence that fell between them is Wednesday. 

"I need to go now" Angel's gaze shifts on her, hoping she will see her soon. 

"I have an appointment with Dr. Kinbott. After that I'll come to see you and talk about what to do" Why the explanation ? 

She smiles showing her dimples. "Okay. I think I'll be with Enid, helping for the Poe Cup near the lake. See you then"

Wednesday nods before turning and going away. Thinking already at her.