XXIX

Angel's pov:

Tonight I can't sleep like so many other nights. I didn't know how to spend the time and now I find myself on the roof near my window looking at the stars, music playing in my ears.

I have blood for a one last time, they don't give me anymore like Ms Tornhill said. I resisted with three sips at day. However, I don't know what I can do after. When this happened when I was younger, I survived one week without blood. It was when my mother decided it's time to reveal my vampire side more and forbade to my father to give me animal blood, even if he snitched sometimes a bit for me. One week, then I'll fall. At first I became weaker. My healing won't be so quick anymore and I'll can't use my abilities or strength. Then my senses will increase, but I'll just hear everybody's blood running through their veins. Then... my hunger will be unbearable... and I can't let that happen again. Maybe I'll start hunting or something.

My sister. She came to tell me that our mother is back. I haven't seen her again, I don't know what are her intentions. But what if it's true ? She has found something that could make me break again ? I know that this was and is always her goal. I hate her, but she terrifies me. The things she has done to me when I was a child still impressed in my mind... and she took away from me the only thing that helped me to grow not being a monster.

I feel someone's hand on my cheek. Instinctively I grab his wrist and block him down. My legs around his waist and one hand raised up with claws, ready to attack. A growl escapes my lips, but as soon as I make eye contact with the abyss of Wednesday's eyes my defensive instinct  disappears and shame comes.

"Oh Wednesday" I let go of her and sit up hiding my red face. "I'm so sorry. When you see me asleep you should tap somewhere so I'll hear and I'll wake up a little. I'm so sorry, it won't happen again" Apparently the few hours I sleep, I sleep deeply like a werewolf. When someone wakes me out of nowhere I attack.

"Don't worry, it won't happen again..." Wednesday takes my hands away from my face and I realize how I stand. She gets up so her face is dangerously close to mine. I squeal a little when she changes our position. Her hands near my face holding my wrists, still between my legs. "I prefer you down" She finishes smirking mischievously at me.

Okay, I-I'm- welll I don't know what to say.

Wednesday's face is still close to mine and I can't help but staring at her lips. She licks them and I do the same, thinking at something to say. Her mind seems somewhere else as her eyes lay on me. Her gaze, like she could eat me, making me feel things. Her body pressed against mine doesn't help, her coldness giving me goosebumps.

"I'm stronger than you, I-I can change this w-without effort" I say trying to sound confident.

She still smirks tilting her head amused. She takes on of her hand away from my wrist and pass gently a thumb on my chin. Moving my face a little, she leans to whisper in my ear. "Yeah, but I think you won't do that" I blush harder, feeling all my body warm.

She gets up a little and she lets her eyes linger on my body without shame. She closes her eyes and with a deep sigh she lets go of my wrist. Wednesday leans again and kiss my forehead gently.

"Good morning, hermosa" she gets off me and I slightly pout missing her body, but now I can breathe normally and calm my heart. "You missed Principal Weems's speech, well you didn't miss nothing important"

I wide my eyes looking at my phone. "Oh no I overslept. Today it's Outreach Day" We come inside and I start preparing my things in a rush, changing in the bathroom. 

"What did they assign you ?" I ask now ready to go. The bus will leave in minutes. She sighs giving me my paper assignment while opening the door for me. I wait and then walk near her, still needing her coldness, but she doesn't seem to mind as she lays her hand on my back.

"Uriah's Heap" she says disappointed. I read mine and I frown.

"I'm at Pilgrim World" she nods already knowing that. "We won't be together today" I say trying to hide my sadness. She makes us stop and I look up confused. 

"I'll come to you the first moment I can" Butterflies in my stomach as I look into her intense and determinate eyes.

"I'll come to you the first moment I can too" I kiss her cheek, this time nearer her lips.