VIII

"Holy crap !" Tyler glares scared at Wednesday when smoke vanishes a bit.

"Do you make a habit of scaring the hell out of people ?" 

"It's more of a hobby"

He studies her and he must admit that she is very pretty. He recognizes her uniform.

"You go to Nevermore. Didn't realize they changed the uniform" he looks at a table near the window. "wow two Nevermore's students" he knows Angel, she comes here when she is in town.

Wednesday turns to make sure she is still there, waiting for her. 

She catches her already looking and smiling slightly, warming her heart, but then her gaze shifts to Tyler and waves shyly.

The raven glares back at him a bit irritated when he returns the smile.

"I need two quads over ice. It's an emergency" Wednesday was surprised, she likes the same coffe. 

When Tyler hesitates she explains to him what that means.

"Yeah, I... I know what a quad is, but, spoiler alert, the espresso machine's having a seizure, so all we have is drip"

"But drip is for people who hate themselves and know their lives has no real purpose or meaning" her face straight. The man who was pouring himself drip goes away defeated.

Angel giggles slightly, hearing the conversation thanks to her enchanted ears.

Wednesday returns and takes a seat on the other side of the table, in front of the blonde.

"So... you read Machiavelli too" she feels bothered that Tyler will take her to the station. She doesn't like him. She knows what he and his friends did and there is something else about him that she can't decipher.

The raven stares at her. She is looking down and when a lock of hair goes on her face, she moves unconsciusly her hand to move it, but stops, scolding herself.

"I've red almost everything" she nods still not looking at her and playing with her rings.

When Tyler arrives with the coffees, she notices the look he gives to Wednesday, even if the girl doesn't. Too focused on Angel.

The girl feels more irritated, but she needs to calm herself. 

Knowing that this feelings come from the evil inside her, she turns up the volume. She can hear everything anyway.

"Why are you always listening to music ?" Wednesday asks curious, still sensing she is upset.

"Well... ehm... It seems to be one of the few things that can calm me" the raven raises up an eyebrow, needing to know more.

"I... I have something dangerous inside me..." 

Wednesday is intrigued by that, but she sees that Angel's eyes pry to stop this conversation and like in her room, she can't force the smaller girl.

"So... little Angel... you actually are dangerous..." She thinks, smirking internally "But nothing I can't handle".

"What do you listen ?" She wants to see again the only smile she bears, but before the blonde can answer, three boys approach them.

Wednesday glares annoyed they interrupted and Angel can sense trouble. 

"What are two Nevermore freaks doing out in the wild ?"

"This is our booth" the raven just stares straight at them and then at Angel, who looks worried biting her lip.

"Why are you dressed like religious fanatics ?" the blonde wonders how the girl in front of her can be so calm.

"We're pilgrims" "Potato, po-tah-to" she giggles covering her mouth and Wednesday feels proud, but when one of the boys looks at her, her mood shifts. If one of them will touch her or say something mean to her, they will regret it.

"We work at Pilgrim World" and gaves them a paper.

They both look unimpressed at it. 

"It takes a special kind of stupid to devote an entire theme park to zealots responsible for mass genocide" Angel's eyes widens.

"My dad owns Pilgrim World. Who you calling stupid" the boy answers angry.

"If the buckled shoe fits""Wednesday" she scolds low.

The boy who was looking at her smirks, making her uncomfortable, and Wednesday gets up, taking Angel's hand too and bringing her behind her.

"Guys, back off" Tyler comes.

Angel doesn't like that. She holds Wednesday's sleeve, feeling useless. She can't risk to use her real strength, not now that it tries to take advantage. However, she will protect Wednesday if necessarily.

"Stay out of this Galpin" one says and pushes him. "Yes, stay out of this"

"Wednesday no, let's leave them please" She whispers in her ear, tightening her grip.

The raven is about to go, listening to the smaller one. She doesn't want to involve her in this. What if she'll fail to protect her.

One of them lowers to take a better look at Angel. He smirks. "So tell me, freak... you ever been with a normie ?" 

Angel senses Wednesday's body tensing and sees her jaw clenching.