XXII

Angel's pov:

"If Weems comes sniffing around, keep you distance, look grim and don't say a word" Wednesday gives instructions to Enid. Before going to the woods we need to leave her to Eugene. 

"Payback is going to be a bitch" she threats scared.

"I'd expect nothing less" and calm like always my favorite gothic girl turns to Eugene to speak with him.

I look at Enid and I start laughing.

"Why are you laughing ?" she glares at me but I keep laughing, not knowing that Wednesday is watching me.

"It's your face" I point at her.

Enid chooses violence. She comes to me and starts tickling me. I panic because I'm ticklish a lot in some places.

"No Enid, be a good girl, it's not funny, ENID ENID" I scream trying to free myself from her grip while giggling hysterically.

"Angel" I hear Wednesday calling me.

Me and Enid stop and it surprise me the way her dark eyes shine with amusement. It last a few seconds because she takes gently my hand and before going out she warns Eugene and shows him our intertwined hands. 

"Untouchable" what did they talk ?

Even if Enid tried to kill me I wish her a good luck.

"Wednesday"

She turns and looks down at me. Since we've entered the forest she's never let my side. Even when she thought she found something, she dragged me with her to not be too distant.

I sniff the air. "Tyler and the sheriff are here. The sheriff has a dog with him, but for now they aren't near us"

She looks around thinking at something. "Tyler is... there" and I point at one tree.

We decide to go to him and hearing us he shows himself. "Hi girls" he greets shyly, but mostly looking at Wednesday with sweet eyes.

I roll my eyes.

"What are you doing here ?" Wednesday asks ignoring his stare.

"Ehm you must think it's weird but I'm stalking my father" he explain. I've never stalked my parents.

"No, I consistently stalk my parents" I'm not surprised she does that. She then takes my hand again to go away from him. I can't help but smirk, even if I blush a bit still not used to be touched so much by her.

"Hey, wait, what really happened the other night at the festival ?" he stops us. "Look, I swear I won't say anything to my dad" 

I look at her and she sighs. "I thought Rowan was in danger. Turns out I was wrong. Then he proceeded to use his telekinesis to try and choke me to death" 

"Holy shit. Wh... Why would he do that ?"

"No idea. That's when this monster came out of the shadows and gutted him"

I grimace a bit remembering the scene. Tyler notices and finally looks at me. I don't know. Something is strange with this boy.

"You were there too ?" he points at me. I just nod. "So you really saw it and... it didn't try to kill you ?"

"That's the part we're trying to figure it out" Wednesday glares at him now annoyed. "Now, me and Angel are going to find something that can prove he was murdered" she starts walking with me beside her.

"Wait" I stop her then turn to Tyler "Can you give us one coffee ground ?" he looks at me disbelief that I smelled it. It can be useful if they're near us.

"Y-yeah" I give him a distrustful glare and he seems a little scared. When I turn I see Wednesday smirking.

I give it to her and then we walk away.

We search in silence and after a bit Wednesday calls me. "These are Rowan's" I look at his glasses on the ground. So the murder happened and we have a proof. "I knew it was a cover-up" she smirks victoriously. 

However when she touches them her head snaps up and her eyes wide.

"Wednesday" I kneel down beside her worried. It last only a few seconds, fortunately because I start hearing sheriff's steps approaching us.

She looks at me a bit shaken. What was that ?

"Are you feeling ok ? We need to hide, they are near" I whisper touching her cheeks to control, panicking a bit.

She recovers herself quickly and takes me by my arm. I can't even understand what is happening that I find myself against a tree with Wednesday's body against mine. One of her hand is on my waist and the other behind my head, to prevent me from hurting my head. 

"We only have one coffe ground, we need to stay close so the dog can't smell our scent" she whispers against my hear and I just nod completely lost.

I don't concentrate on their steps anymore, knowing Wednesday is careful, because my fangs hurt a lot and I can't understand why. Also my heart is making so much noise. I close my eyes when a wave of her bloody smell comes to my nose.

I don't know where to put my hands so I just lay them on her arms, gripping slightly trying to concentrate. I look at my left to be sure they are distant enough.

We stay like that until we are safe and we don't get caught.

She lets go of me and looks down. Silence falls between us, both embarrassed.

"I-I'm sorry" she apologizes. The first time I hear her apologize.

"It's okay" I menage to say, missing her touch. 

She shakes her head and I frown not understanding. Her eyes sincere and intense.

"I'm sorry for leaving you" now I understand and I smile looking down. A pleasant feeling in my chest. Maybe she starts to care of me, in her own way.

"It's okay" I smile lovingly at her and I can see a bit of pink on her cheeks. Her eyes glistening with something I can't decipher.