XII

Enid gives Tyler a distrustful look. The three girls looking at him and his dad arguing. 

"Are you sure you can trust that normie ?" Angel agrees with her. Why of all him ? In fact, does she really have to leave ?

"I trust that I can handle myself" answers firmly the gothic girl.

"Well" starts the werewolf. The little one bites her lip, knowing she needs to say goodbye to Wednesday. Her heart aching. "good luck and safe travels". She opens her arm to hug her, but she takes a step back. "Still not a hugger. Got it." 

She then turns to Angel, placing her hand on her shoulder trying to confort a bit. She knows that her friend isn't happy about this. "I'm going to buy something to eat, I'll find you"

Wednesday glares at the blonde, not knowing what to do... not wanting to say goodbye to her.

Angel looks up, but when she was about to say something, she notices Tyler coming at them.

Sighing she takes a step back and turns up the volume of the music in her ears. "Well, goodbye Wednesday" 

Wednesday can't take her eyes off her. She feels sad and tense, her body wanting to stop her. To say that she hopes to see her soon someday.  

Still observing the little girl, she catches Principal Weems watching her like a hawk. She needs to get out of her sight first.

The blonde is currently at the balloon pipping stand alone. She is bored. She saw Enid eating with Ajax and she didn't want to interrupt. 

Still thinking at Wednesday she starts throwing the darts, popping each balloon. 

"You're good at it" hears behind her. She knows very well who it is, but she doesn't turn. She feels angry and sad for no reason. Why is she still here ? She should be with Tyler.

Wednesday watches the silent girl. She goes near, while the man gives her a stuffed panda. Her heart stops a bit when Angel giggles slightly by herself seeing the panda.

"You're still upset with me" the raven girl starts throwing darts. Angel looks down. Maybe she is a bit upset. But how can't she ? Wednesday also avoided her the previous days.

"I told you I'm not upset and why are you here ? I thought you've already left" 

Silence falls between them, just people's cheerful screams around.

"I don't want you to be upset with me" mumbles firmly, but a bit shy. 

Surprised grey eyes pose on her now soft eyes. Both girls feeling butterfly in their stomach at the intense stare and Wednesday craves again to touch her like few days ago in her room. 

That's why she avoided her. She always makes her feel something. Something she never experienced.

"Jeez, you get any better at this, you'll be taking home a whole pack" Xavier interrupts, standing near Angel. Too close for Wednesday's liking. 

Angel notices the way she changed her expression and how she throws the darts way more angrily.

"Pandas don't travel in pack. They prefer solitude" her voice irritated.

"All right. Subtle hint taken" and points at Angel's stuffed animal. "I see you've already won one" 

She raise it up proud making him laugh. Wednesday scoffs silently.

"Angel... ehm... I was looking for you... would you like to try other stands with me ? I can try to win you something... to have some fun" he blushes looking down.

Angel turns at Wednesday. This would be again a goodbye and she doesn't want that. 

The taller doesn't break the eye contact. Why did he ask ? He can play alone. "Say you won't go" hopes Wednesday.

Angel is about to refuse, but her mouth shuts when she notices again Tyler coming for Wednesday. Sadness washes over her again. 

"Yeah... but first I need to check on Enid". Xavier smiles victoriously.

Wednesday frowns, but following her gaze, she sees Tyler and she understands why she accepted. He has such a bad timing.

Before going away with Xavier, Angel hands her the panda she won, blushing deeply, observing for the last time her eyes, her full lips, her perfect bangs and braids... 

Wednesday is clearly confused, but takes it without doubting.

"So you won't forget about me" she smiles and turns, leaving a frustrated girl behind.

"I definitely won't forget you" mumbles to no one.