XXX

Angel's pov:

"So... you and Wednesday huh ?" My dear friend smirks elbowing me. 

"What ?" I ask knowing what she is going to ask. Enid jumps in front of me shaking me by my shoulders.

"Tell me, did you kiss ? did you tell your feelings for each other ?" her smirk grows "Did you make something more ?"

"Enid !" she laughs while I just blush, trying to shove her away from me. "No, no and no and stop, we need to reach Pilgrim World" I try to drag her by her arm, but she stops again.

"Oh come on. You're like "Oh Wednesday I love you so much I would do anything for you, please do whatever you want to me" and she's like "Oh Angel I love you so much I'd kill anyone for you, torture who dares to touch you" did you see how she looks at Xavier right ?" she starts acting, emphasizing with her hands. Someone turning at us.

"Stop" I try again, but a question crosses my mind. "Do you really think she's jealous ?" I roll my eyes amused seeing how her smile widens. She takes my red cheeks and pinches them.

"She wants you only for herself, you're so blind" she mocks, still squishing my cheeks.

"Who wants you only for herself ?" I panic hearing her voice. I look at my left and there she is, looking confused and curious, but with a dark glint.

Enid lets go of my cheeks and I massage them. She looks at me then at Wednesday grinning.

"We were talking about how-" I cover her mouth knowing too well she was going to say it out loud, smiling awkwardly at the raven in front of us.

"Don't worry, nothing import- Ah Enid YOU JUST BITE MY HAND" I exclaim in disbelief. She winks at me "I know you like it. So Wednesday what brings you here ?" 

I scoff amused, hoping Wednesday leaves the conversation behind. She looks at me and then at the Werewolf.

"Enid, switch volunteer assignments" the werewolf's smile fades.

"What ? No. Uriah's Heap is definitely not my bag" she grimaces.

"It's an emergency. I need to check out Pilgrim World" I look at her concerned, she had another vision or she has another clue ?

"But Wednesday, this is not a fair trade. Why would I agree to spend the entire day at some dumpy emporium of crapola ?" I'm sorry for her, her complaints are right, but I think Wednesday has already something on her mind.

"Because Ajax is volunteering there" I chuckle, knowing Enid is going to accept the switch. "But if you're not interested--""No ! Oh my God, thank you. You're the best !" the werewolf happiness is clearly visible and she immediately goes to Ajax. 

"Yeah bye Enid. Thank you, good Outreach Day to you too" I scream laughing at no one.

"What were you talking about ?" I freeze turning at her slowly. 

"Nothing. So what happened ?" I change subject. She raises her eyebrows not satisfied, but fortunately she let it go. We start walking to our destination.

"I spoke to Xavier and he told me that the pilgrim in the picture with me is Joseph Crackstone, so I need to check out" she eyes me "And I have an excuse to spend my time with you" she winks.

As we arrived, surrounded by loud people, cheering and running, we see Eugene taking photos. He smiles seeing us and I greet back.

"Hey, Wednesday, Angel, want to grab a Hummers group photo ?" 

Wednesday just sends him a death glare and he clearly seems uncomfortable. "Maybe next time Eugene" I smile apologetically and he goes away.

I give a slight nudge at her and she looks down at me not understanding. I chuckle shaking my head.

"Good morrow, my young Nevermore kin" a woman in antic costume starts speaking. "I am Mistress Arlene. A real OC" we share a confused look "Original Colonist" she doesn't seem very nice. "Now prithee, put you cell phones on vibrate and make haste" she eyes me up and down with a disgusted face seeing my headphones, probably Principal Weems warned her about me. Wednesday takes a step in front of me and stares at her deadly "for you are about to travel back in time to the year of our Lord 1625, to Jericho's first pilgrim settlement"

She starts walking and all the group follows her. "Yonder. Behold, the meeting house. Inside is a collection of artifacts related to Jericho's most beloved and pious founder, Joseph Crackstone. And beyond is our privy, America's first gender-neutral restroom"

"I haveth a query" Wednesday steps in front "Pray be quick child" Arlene answers clearly irritated, obviously she doesn't care. "In the meeting house, which of Joseph Crackstone's artifacts are on display ?"

"It is truly a treasure trove, including original farm tools, tableware, even the Crackstone family chamber pot"

"Sounds fascinating. We volunteer to work in there" she takes my hand to go away.

"Pray, no. That exhibit is being renovated. Today, thou will all be working at the beating heart of Pilgrim World" Wednesday's jaw tense impatient. I squeeze her hand and lead us to the next stop. "We'll find a way" I whisper and she looks down at me a bit calmer.

But our smiles fade when we see what we'll do. 

"Ye olde fudgery ?" Eugene asks content.

"More like ye olde diabetes in a box" she comments annoyed.

"Volounteers, prick up thine ears" the ginger woman exclaims. I can't understand if she's happy by doing all of this or no. I don't want to do that either. "Fudge is the lifeblood of our humble community. And samples equal sales, so grab a uniform and a box and make our forefathers proud" Wednesday raises it disgusted and me too.

"Are these for muzzling tourists ?"