VII

Angel wakes up feeling much better. She stretches and looks around the room.

She is alone.

Disappointment rushes over her. Of course she remembers that Wednesday woke up but she hoped she would stay with her. 

However, somehow she smells that the girl of her thoughts was here just a moment before she woke up.

Remembering to thank Xavier too, she starts getting ready to go. She has an appointment with dr Kinbott this afternoon and her mother would be so angry if she'll miss one.

But first, she needs to talk to Enid. Without doubts she knows about the accident, and she knows that she is worried.

Wednesday is with principal Weems, bothered that she is going to have a dreadful therapy session.

"You'll be here until I'm done ?" she asks, straight as usual. She wants to escape from this teenage schools.

"Perhaps afterwards we can visit the Weathervane for hot chocolate. Angel will be with us too, she has already finished her therapy session" 

She catches her attention. How is Angel ? She slept fore some hours and the raven girl's black heart aches thinking at how she didn't save her.

She left. 

When she started to wake up, she run away. She doesn't know why, but she run. 

After hours in her room, writing and blackmailing thing, principal Weems came to take her. 

She will not loose this chance to escape.

"Principal Weems, this feeble attempt at bonding is beneath you" she opens the car door.

"Given your history, I'm sure you're intent on running away. I'm here to prevent that from happening" she smiles. 

"I wish you luck" Wednesday is sure she will.

Angel hums while walking alone, the music in her ears louder. 

Principal Weems told her to come at the Weathervane like 30 minutes after her session. 

She feels exhausted. She hates that woman, her questions always bring bad memories and bad thoughts. She just stays silent. She doesn't speak much. She doesn't need her help. She can do it alone, and this seems to be a problem for dr Kinbott.

Turning around a corner, she stops when she notices that Wednesday's blood seems intense.

She looks up, but at the same time Wednesday lands in front of her. As usual, her beauty startles her, but she didn't know that she would be here too.

"What the-" Angel is surprised. 

The raven girl as well. Why is she walking alone ? Especially after she had badly injured her head. Even if she is half vampire and half werewolf and she heals faster, she needs to be watched, just for today.

However, she hears the music is louder this time and her grey eyes seem darker than usual. Something was off.

Angel turns down the volume.

"Ehm Wednesday... what were you doing on the roof ?" she would joke about that, if she wasn't tormented about the session.

The slightly taller girl wants to ask her what's wrong, but it isn't something she would do.

Her features became harder, she needs to concentrate on herself. "I'm trying to escape, would you show me where Weathervane is?"

"Oh" she looks down. She hoped she would change her mind but she needs to accept that, they only know each other for few days "yes, follow me".

Wednesday feels strange, but goes near Angel and follows her.

She doesn't like this silence, she doesn't even see the blonde's smile once and she doesn't feel satisfied when they arrive at the destination.

"Well, now that I'm also here, I think I'll just take some coffe. Don't worry, I won't get in your way" the raven girl frowns. 

She sounded offended. Something was wrong and she doesn't want to go away from here before she takes care of this.

The smaller girl sighs, feeling instantly bad. She turns and looks in her gorgeous deep dark brown eyes. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to sound so harsh... I just... hate therapy sessions" smiles and tries to enter.

But the raven girl catches her delicate hand. 

They make eye contact again and Angel smiles genuinely at the touch. 

The look Wednesday gives, makes her feel something in her chest.

The blonde's touch is warm like she remembered and again Angel feels her fangs hurting a bit.

"Sit and wait for me" she orders and her eyes softens a bit "tell me what coffe you want"