Chapter 1. The Car Wash

(Y/n Pov, this takes place before Peridots arrival on the ship, it is a week after Season 1 ep 36)

I had been driving for hours with all the stuff I could bring stuff into my car. It was cramped but I followed the directions shown on my GPS to get to beach city. As I drove down a hill got a clear view of the city, it seemed more like a town than a city but that wasn't much of a problem. I was happy to see the beach though, but it seems like there's a huge statue of a person with 3? 4? arms and no legs. Its hard to see as it sunset and I have to keep my eyes on the road.

I finally get down the hill and pull into the parking lot of a store, Ill have to find someplace I can rent and get a job.... This days turned out terrible, kicked out of my apartment and forced to sleeping in a car in a city almost no one knows!... This is what i have to live with now... Maybe ill make some friends? Who knows... I might as well sleep.

I climb into the back seat of my car and lay down after turning off the engine. I hope I'm not robbed at least. I'm uncomfortable but slowly and uncomfortably start drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

~Timeskip to 8:36 AM~

I yawn as I start to wake up and proceed to sit up. I look out my window to see the suns already rising and people walking along the sidewalk. I climb back into the drivers seat and start driving around for a place that will let me rent somewhere. As I drive around I pass a car wash.... My car could use a wash... but... Ugh... I just hope I have enough money left over to rent a place. I drive around for a bit and eventually pull into the car wash.

I get out of my car as the dude who I assumes owns the car wash walks over in a white tank top, long brown hair, a type of brown small beard thing, grey shorts and blue flip flops, and a LOT of sunburns, that must hurt. "Hey Kiddo! Names Greg, you here to give your car a wash?" Greg says as he comes up to me. "Oh. Yes Please. How much would be?" I ask Greg, hoping that it isn't too much. "Hmm.... how about.. $45 for soap and entire wash?" Greg suggested, that wasn't too bad. "Sure." I hand Greg the $45 and well, he starts the car wash for my car as I go and lean against a wall.

After a few minutes, A short kid with a pink shirt with a big yellow star on it, and blue shorts and pink flip flops and black puffy curly hair, bounds over to Greg and they start talking as I read on my phone. After a few more minutes, the kid comes up to me "Hello! My names Steven! My dad said that's your car getting washed!" Steven sort of yelled but it was clear he was just excited. "Hello, my names Y/n, and yes. That is my car, I just hope my doors were fully shut so none of my stuff gets wrecked." I told Steven to answer his question. "Oh, what do you have in there? Your new here, I can tell cause I know everyone in Beach city!" Steven said "I just have all the stuff I could get since my landlord kicked me out and now I have to find somewhere else to live and I need a way to get a job." I told Steven as he looked at me sadly once I told him I was kicked out of my house.

"That's so sad! Where are you going to live now?" Steven asked as he kept looking at me with big sad eyes "I have no clue, I'm not sure I could even rent anything out here. I don't have that much money and I don't want to be living in my car for a month as I try to find a job so I can get more money." I told Steven once more as I put my phone away into my pocket. "Aw... Hey! Maybe you could stay with me and the Gems! I'm sure they'd let you stay until you can get your own place!" Steven exclaimed "Gems? Is that like a band name or something?" I asked confused, The Gems would be a good band name but who would want to be called that daily? and why is Steven living with these 'Gems' instead of his dad? Are they close friends or something?

"Their my friends! Once dad's done cleaning your car we can head over the house!" Steven said as he jumped around excited ".... Alright, since you live here maybe you could tell where I could get a job at." I spoke calmly as I'm already starting to get used his hyper energy. "Yeah! I'm pretty sure the Big Donut is still hiring, Sadie and Lars would like the extra help!" Steven exclaimed, I'm guessing Sadie and Lars are some of his other friends, maybe they could become some of my friends too. "Then we'll check out that place as we head to your house." I told Steven as he seemed to get even more excited at stopping at the Big Donut and seeing his friends, and probably at the chance of a getting a Donut.

After about another 20 minutes with me showing Steven some funny animal videos on my phone. "Alright Kid! I finished cleaning your car! Come back anytime you need it washed again, alright?" Greg yelled out to me as I give him a thumbs up and Steven runs over to him and starts talking to him, probably about me as I walk over to my now clean car. After a few minutes Greg gives Steven a thumbs up as I get into the drivers seat of my car and Steven hops into the passenger seat and buckles up which makes me do the same.

I start the car and start driving out of the car wash as Steven rolls down the window and waves to Greg as I drive off with Steven giving me directions to the Big Donut.

Maybe this wont be so bad after all.

(1069 words)