25. Let Us Bond

(Y/n Pov)

Me, Peridot and Lapis all waved off Steven and the gems as they warped away on the warp pad back to the temple, leaving us 3 at the barn alone. It was later in the day after we beat the rubies since we all decided hung out and I wouldn't let Steven use his magic spit on my shoulder cause he doesn't have to do that for me. "That was sure an interesting day." Lapis said as she turned on her heel and started heading to the barn, Me and Peri following beside her "you can say that again. And I got the injury to prove it." "You've should've let Steven help you Y/n!" Peridot fussed as she pushed her way between me and Lapis and held my hand. "Nah, kids got enough on his hands, doesn't need healing me on that list." Lapis gently smiled at me for saying that as we got inside the barn. "You can have my hammock lapis, I can sleep on the floor." "Thanks." Lapis then pulled herself into the hammock and dropped herself into it with her back to me. I walked over and pushed some hay together and laid a blanket over it before laying down onto it, slowly shifting around to get comfortable. After a while of laying down with my eyes closed, I felt a small hand press onto my back, then a small little body spin and curl up onto my back. The weight was... surprisingly comforting.. I opened a single eye and looked behind me only to see Peridot curled up on my back like how I found her under the box earlier today,

 I opened a single eye and looked behind me only to see Peridot curled up on my back like how I found her under the box earlier today,

but she was just gently kneading my back like a cat does when they get comfy. It... honestly was just a really soft massage. Eventually she stopped and started gently snoring, soon enough, I quickly follow suit after her.

(Timeskip)

     I yawn as I stretched as I woke up, I opened my eyes to see peridot leaning over my head with big eyes. "....hey peridot.. whatchu doing?" Peridot suddenly squeaked and jumped away from me, her hair poofing up like a cats hair does. She somehow didn't notice my eyes opening, I sit up and chuckle at her as she pouts at me. "It's not funny you clod!" "It's very funny peridot." "NO! NO ITS NOT!" She screeched before running out the barn with her face dark green as I laugh. I stood up and walked outside of the barn to see Peridot face down in the dirt "you fall down peri?" "..." Peridot just grumbled and lifted her arms which I took as a sign to pick her up, which she allowed surprisingly but went entirely limp- I chuckled and just carried her back into the barn and dropped her onto the hay bed. "AH! HEY! YOU- YOU CLOD! DONT DROP ME!" Peridot screeched and threw some hay into my face. "Hey! Don't throw stuff at me!" I covered my face as she cheekily laughed and kept throwing hay at me. I eventually huffed and picked up the hay she's thrown at me "huh?" I then dropped it all onto her face and she violently spit and stuttered before rolling over and shaking all the hay off her, it stuck in her hair.

     She glared at the floor then slowly moved her head to glare me, which resulted to me bolting and her chasing me around the barn screeching her little head off, which was adorable- "YOU CLOD! HOW COULD YOU!? ILL SLAP YOU!!" Peridot screeched when me and her were suddenly lifted up in two water bubbles "shut up.. I'm trying to sleep..." Lapis grumbled from her hammock as she pulled a pillow over her head and then dropped us onto eachother, Peridot landing on my stomach "OOF! Ugh- how can something so tiny be so heavy...?" "Hey!" Peridot started smacking my face but surprisingly gentle for how mad she was literally a minute ago. I just let her smack my face to get her 'anger' out and she eventually scampers off my chest. I sit up and smile at Peridot "hey peridot, wanna go do something fun?" Peridot paused in her run around the barn away from me and looked back over at me, nodding. "Come on, we gotta go to the warp pad." I set off outside the barn, peridot running up beside me, still having straw and hay in her hair. We get the warp pad and step onto it as I warp away, as we warp I gently grab Peridot "hey!" I pull the hay out of her hair when we eventually get to the temple, I gently shushed her and dragged her outside to my car which was still parked next to the temple.

     I surprisingly had my keys on me and unlocked the car, climbing into the driver seat, Peridot hopping up into the passenger seat. "Where are we going? Why'd you bring in your wheeled transport box?" I snicker at her term for a car and start driving away from the temple. "I'm bringing you to a spot that Steven showed me a while ago." "Oh..." I kept driving in surprising silence for a few minutes before turning on the radio

(It's a good song alright-)

     I gently hummed along to the song and I could see Peridot look at me from the corner of my eye. I hummed louder and she soon followed suit and hummed with me, bobbing her head side to side with the beat. Surprisingly she started singing to the song, and I happily joined in with singing with her. Eventually we pulled up to a hill overlooking the see and Beach city, I forgot what Steven had called this place but it was extremely peaceful. "Here we are Peri. Come on, come sit with me" "h-huh?" I got out the car and sat near the edge of the cliff. I heard the car door open and shut, eventually Peridot came over to my side and sat down. "Ain't it pretty?" "... how...?" "Watch the waves and just... everything." I said as I fell backwards and laid on my back. I stared at the sky for a bit before peridot fell and laid down beside me, staring at the sky with me. "I guess.... It is kinda of nice... you clod. But.. it's not as nice as you.. I MEAN-" peridot screeched and sat up quickly, I quickly sat up as well and looked at her blushing "I-I MEAN! Uh.... C-can we just go back to the barn..?" Peridot nervously stuttered and looked away "I... um... yeah... we can get going..." I got up and head to the car, peridot walking behind me and then in the car. It.. was silent the rest of the ride back to the barn... but why would she say that..? Could she...? No... no that can't be it. Right....?

(1161 words)