Chapter 4. A Downed Star

(Y/n Pov)

It's been a week since I've been in Beach city and lived with the gems. I've gotten to meet some new people and me and Sadie have become good friends, we hung out yesterday at her place and talked about some good online books we know. Me and Amethyst have also bonded more as well as me and Garnet, who I now consider my mom in a way, same with Pearl. I consider Pearl my mom more in a way as she has a protective already mothering nature it seems.

I have also gone on a mission with the gems once. I got a sprained ankle and wrist which Pearl fussed over for hours and wrapped them, their still healing but I walk now as my wrist was sprained more than my ankle. I've met the mayor and most of people on the board walk. I have also met this jerk named Kevin. Steven also told me about this blue gem with water wings named Lapis Lazuli, who was trapped in a mirror with a cracked gem and just wanted to go home so Steven helped her. During the middle of the week, Steven started freaking out over seeing something outside the warp, I let them help Steven solve it and he told me they saw a homeworld gem called Peridot, then he told me how multiple gems could be the same.

I also met this kiddo named Onion, he never talked and he seems younger than Steven and keeps staring at me from a distance. I told the Gems I was taking a nature walk for a few hours in the forest, I started my walk an hour ago, and have been admiring the scenery and flowers. I am silently humming to myself as I limp across a trail.

I keep walking before I start smelling smoke, I stop and smell the air once more. I start trying to decide whether I should go and tell the police there's a fire or go and investigate first. I decide with later but if I see a glimpse of fire, I'm bolting to the police station to report it. I start limping towards the smell and the smoke i now notice, but it starts looking more like steam than smoke.

As I walk closer, I notice it's a red beet looking ship with a yellow screen window, a small door is open, it looks around Steven's height. I walk closer to the ship after noticing that there's no fire, there's some gem shards all over the floor of the ship. I crawl into the ship and pick up one of the shards, it looks like a Ruby almost. I go to set it down and cut my finger on another small shard and Yelp, I look at my finger, there's a small shard stuck in my finger, I wouldn't be able to get it out with tweezers, I stand up in the ship as it was bigger on the inside than the outside.

I walk to small chair facing the yellow tinted window, there's a small table like control panel in front of it. I shouldn't mess with it, but the temptation to push one of these buttons is strong. I sit in the chair which is surprisingly comfy, I press a button that seems to symbolize a door. The door that I came through shut, I press the button again and the door opens once more. I decide to press the button again and the door shuts once again. I start messing with some of controls which one turns on and off the lights and the ship seems to get upright.

The thrusters on the ship sound like there sputtering. I glance around the buttons once more and one brings up a bunch of planets with different color diamonds on them, all in only 4 colors, blue, yellow, pink and White. I press a green moving dart on the little panel and suddenly the ship starts shaking and I grip onto the seat.

The ship suddenly starts floating off the floor and starts zooming into the sky. I grip onto the seat and glance out of the window, seeing beach city slowly fade away as I break through the atmosphere. I stare at the stars as I zoom past them in the ship, I start crying from all that's happening. I fly past Jupiter and keep crying, eventually the stress gets to my head and I pass out.

(Small chapter 755 words)