21. An Experience

(Bloodstone's Pov)

     I ran away from the barn grinning ear to ear. I eventually got to a hill and decided to roll down it, I laughed and squealed happily before landing right into a bush. I laughed as I popped my head out of the bush with twigs and leaves in my hair, the more Peridot side of me was freaking out over my hair while Y/n was just laughing. I pushed myself up and shook the twigs out of my hair and got running again, I ran next to a train track with my grey tongue hanging outside of my mouth to catch the wind happily. I cheered as I then jumped 5 feet into the air and put my lower pair of arms with the limb enhancers behind my back and used my floating fingers to make a helicopter like propeller. I started flying and swung back and forth through the air, I kept laughing as I flew. I watched the floor go by, I flew over a road which my Peridot side got very confused by the road and the cars which Y/n explained before they both faded back into one person in my head, me.

I flew slowly and happily before landing in a field full of flowers, I sat down in the flowers before deciding to pick a few and put them in my hair and make a flower crown. Once I finished I put it on my head and laid back in the flowers, it was already sunset. Eh, I still had time to go back to barn... or... we could Not go back... What? No. We'll go back.... Just after midnight. Ehehehhe. I shook my head to shake those thoughts out of my head and stood up and started walking through the flower field. I started climbing a tree and sat on a branch that could support my weight as I watched the stars from here better. I closed my 4 eyes and sighed as a leaf the fell onto my nose, I opened my eyes to see a orange maple leaf on my nose, I grabbed it and held it in front of the moon to see the veins through the leaf. Whoa.... I never knew earth was so pretty.

I smiled and set the leaf into my hair and hopped into the air and made the helicopter fingers again as I flew over the flower field again. I smiled but felt myself being torn apart again, but I couldn't control this time! And I spilt apart and felt myself disappear.

(Y/n pov)

I felt me and Peridot be torn apart from our fusion midair so we both started falling to the floor, my body ached from being fused but I WAS FALLING TO THE FLOOR! I noticed peridot in front of me, she was halfway unconscious so I reached out and grabbed her hand as we fell through the air towards the floor. I dragged Peridot over to me and held her close to my chest "Y/n...?" I heard Peridot mumble as we got closer to the floor, I held her tighter and shut my eyes. I felt myself hit the ground but not as Painful as I thought it would be. Until I got launched to the side and heard water splash around me and peridot. When I opened my eyes, we were in a red bubble and.... This was the lake I went to hide in... but... my body aches so bad... I looked down at Peridot who seemed more awake as awe stared at each other "what happened? Why'd we unfuse?" I asked her to where she could only answer with a shrug as I sighed and let her go and tried to stand but fell onto my knees painfully "ow! Ow!..."

"Are you okay!? I was told you humans are fragile!" Peridot asked as she rushed to my side which wasn't a far distance in the bubble. "Yeah... no- I'm not okay... I think I sprained my ankle and I feel dead all over... but I think I'm not more injured cause of the gem parts of me... but how are we going to get out of this lake?" I asked as I turned onto my back and Peridot frowned at me. Peridot ended up flopping down beside me with a huff. "Guess we're stuck here til the gems find us. Cause I ain't moving unless it doesn't hurt to move...... hey... you still have the flowers in your hair." I said as I noticed her hair with the flowers decorating it. "You have some in your hair too.... They look nice in your hair..." peridot told me as she blushed a deep green which made me blush a red "... thank you..." I smiled at her so she smiled back. "Could.... Could we try the sleep ritual again?" "You could try to sleep... I don't know if I can.. the bubble might pop if I sleep." "Oh...." Peridot stared at the sandy floor through the bubble before snuggling up to my side while looking away with an angry face.

     I blushed and looked down at her but I put my arm over her tiny body as she snuggles a little closer before I heart her breathing slow and get repetitive. I smiled at her now peaceful sleeping face... it's so much different to see her calm and nice than cranky and all 'clod this!' 'Clod that!' I gently rubbed her arm and move my other over to itch the back of her head, she makes a little squeak and leans back into my hand in her sleep... I gently awe at her and then hear a splash from the surface of the water and look up and see Garnet swimming down to us. I smile at her nervously as she grabs the bubble and brings it to the shore of the lake and she pops it. "I saw this happening as a possibility. But it seemed to have you both closer." Garnet said while smiling and lowering her visor to wink at me as I frowned and held Peridot closer to me. "But let's get you both back to the barn." Garnet scooped up me and Peridot together and started carrying us back to the barn. In the moonlight, I could see all the bruises I had now and my swollen ankle, Peridot had like 2 bruises on her arms and that's it. If I remember I right, Peridots are hard to break so she's just fine.

     Soon enough, the barn was back in view and Garnet came in and set me down on a hay bale as Pearl rushed over to screech about us coming back late before Garnet stopped her and just made Pearl wrap my ankle and patch some cuts I had. I fell back onto the hay bale with Peridot latched onto my side, I moved my arms to hold Peridot again and I slowly doze off... this was surely an experience...

(1175 words)