Chapter 3. The Gems

(Y/n Pov)

     As me and Steven have been watching tv for the past 2 hours, I've gotten a bit tired of waiting for 'the gems' to return so they can talk to Steven. I yawn "Ya know Steven.. I think I'm going to take a nap. These 'gem' buddies of yours are taking forever." I say as I start to stand but Steven grabs my hand "Wait! They'll be here any second! I promise!" Steven exclaims as I sigh. "Fine, but only 30 more minutes." I say as I sit back down and he silently cheers.

     After about 15 minutes there's a loud whoosh sound coming from the warp pad, Steven runs down the stairs and over to the warp pad, there's a light blue beam going over the entire warp pad. After a second it makes a sort of sparkle noise and 3 people appear on the warp pad. two tall and one a little taller than Steven. The short one has purple skin, really really light purple hair, a dark grey purple tank top, black pants with star cut outs on the knees. and black shoes, she appears to have a purple gem stuck on her chest, it looks to be an Amethyst. One of the tall ones has off white skin, orange hair that spikes back behind her head, a light blue tank top like skirt with a small yellow star in the middle of it with a blue bow tied around her waist to make a bow on her back, she has light yellow shorts, long light pink socks with light blue shoes, quite a pointy nose, and light blue eyes, and a smooth oval like gem on her head that's whiteish blue, clearly a pearl.

     The final tall one has reddish pink skin, a light pink and blue visor, a square like afro, one dark purple and light pink shoulder pads, and black gloves that go up to her elbows and only cover her middle finger, a sort of circular vest with a pink star on the side, and pants that connect to shoes, the pants are colored half way, the left side red and the right the same black as the gloves, the tips of her shoes are hot pink and her heels are light pink, and twos gems on her palms, both a red maroon color, both... Garnets maybe? Steven seems to talk them for a bit and they then look at me which makes a flinch a bit from the surprise of them looking at me in sync.

     After a few minutes of Steven talking to them, he waves me over to them. I walk down the stairs and head over to them, shorter than the 'pearl woman' but taller then the 'amethyst lady'. "So, the gems are allowing you stay! This is Amethyst, Pearl and Garnet!" Steven tells me as he points to them when he says their names, Amethyst and Pearl wave, Garnet just gives a thumbs up. "Well, I could slightly guess their names off the gems they posses on/in their bodies. So, I'm guessing your not human?" I tell Steven and question said Gems "Yes, we aren't human, our gems project psychical light forms and we protect this city and the world from corrupted gems." Pearl tells me as she moves her hands around as she speaks. "Huh, that's something." I say as Steven starts to speak

     "And I'm half gem half human!" He lifts up his shirt to show his belly button that's replaced with a pink quartz, seemingly a Rose Quartz from the color and shape. "A Rose Quartz. nice, on the strength scale their quite tough." I tell Steven which makes him grin ear to ear, although Pearl seems to cover her mouth with one hand, strange. "Whoa, you can tell all that just from looking at the gem!? Cool!" Amethyst shouts as she hops onto my back so I carry her like I'm giving her a piggy back ride.

    "Yeah, I used to study rocks and Gems in school. It was one of my favorite thigs to do. I couldn't get a job on it though.." I say and slowly trail off as Amethyst frowns and pats my shoulder, along with Garnet. "It's alright though, I don't think I'd like sitting at a desk all day staring at rocks." I say kinda proud which makes Steven snicker.

"So, your going to working at the Big Donut and living with us until you can provide for yourself?" Pearl asks which I respond to with a nod. "That's the plan. But that might mean I'll be stuck here for a long while, as I make all that money." I explain "I'm chill with that! You seem cool." Amethyst says and Garnet nods, I have feeling she doesn't talk much.

"Well, I guess you stay. Until you have to go of course." Pearl said in a matter of fact voice which Amethyst mocks and hops off my back and proceeds to get scolded by Pearl as Steven pulls me back up the stairs to play against him in a video game he inserted into the tv. Pearl and Amethyst bicker as Garnet comes over and sits on the bed behind me and Steven to watch us play.

~only a few hours later timeskip~

I've gotten to know the gems more, Pearls over protective but smart and careful, Amethyst is carefree and relaxed but a determined person, Garnet is cool and collected but serious. I've given Pearl the nick name bird mom which Amethyst thinks is hilarious. Me and Amethyst have become good buddies and Steven and her have told me about some of the adventures they've gone on. They sound dangerous especially for Steven but since he's half human and half gem, the gems trust him enough to come on missions. Amethyst said I might be able to go on missions with them if I'm asked.

I'm not sure if I would want to go, I'm not really a risk my life constantly kind of person, I mean, maybe I would go if it was less dangerous then most of the missions they've told me about.

~Another timeskip to night time~

Everyone had gone to bed by now, or gone to their room for the night. I couldn't sleep for some reason, I got up off the couch and slipped on some slippers and went and stood on the deck and looked at the half moon and stars. The cosmos has always been something I've wanted to explore. The stars have always been something I've wanted to seen up close, to touch, even though I know it would burn. I've just wanted to seen them up close. I squint at a shooting star, it looks as if it's coming to earth, probably just the way I'm seeing it. I go back inside as the red shooting star flys past.

But happens to crash in the forest nearby.

(1164 words)