Chapter 2. The Big Donut

(Y/n Pov)

I drove as Steven kept yelling directions and waving to people walking on the street who I assume are his friends. We eventually get this gas station like store and Steven has me park outside and starts ushering me to get out of the car, as he unbuckles and rushes out the car. I unbuckle myself and exit the car, I lock it before I go into the Big Donut with Steven. I hear Steven run up to the people at the counter, A short girl with medium length yellow hair and Big Donut uniform, And the other person is tall boy with a Strange haircut with orange hair and big ear piercing's along with the same uniform as the girl.

I walk up to the counter with Steven, passing a freezer and other counter that holds a coffee machine and some other baked goods. "Its nice your helping them Steven." The girl says as Steven looks at me "Yeah! But Y/n, This is Sadie and Lars! There some of my best friends!" Steven told me as Sadie gives a wave and Lars gives me a nod from the wall he's leaning against. "Its nice to meet you two." I shake Sadie's hand as she says "You as well, and yeah, We are hiring. It'd be nice to have a coworker who actually does work around here." I snicker at that as Lars glares at Sadie.

"Well, you can start here tomorrow and ill run you through the basic's." Sadie says and looks at me "No problem would coming at 8 Am tomorrow work?" I ask as Sadie nods and gives Steven a bag, seemingly full of donuts as he drags me out of the shop. I wave to Sadie and Lars before Steven gets me fully outside and back to the car. "Their nice, aren't they? Lars can be a little grumpy but that's okay! And you have a job now!" Steven exclaims as he climbs into the car as I unlock it and get inside. "Yeah, and having a job is great too. Now where's this place to live with 'The Gems'?" I ask as I start the car as me and Steven both buckle up and he starts giving me directions once again.

He leads me to drive down a beach next to a big rocky cliff that leads to the giant statue I remember seeing the first day. It has 4 sets of arms and two are holding what appears to be a small house with a deck and stairs that lead to a small grass hill in front of it that leads down to the sandy beach, the statue looks like it has 2 faces on one with big puffy hair and appears to be stuck halfway in the ground. "Whoa.." I let out and Steven snickers "Cool, Right? That's where me and the gems stay. Their out on a mission right now."

Mission? are they cops too? I shrug it off and park next to the house and me and Steven unbuckle and he starts dragging me up the stairs and into the house. The door opened into the living that connected to a small kitchen with a loft like area that holds a bed and old looking tv in the front of it.

I look around a little as Steven runs in and hops onto the couch. "You can sleep on the couch! Its nice and comfy! That's the warp pad down there and the gems rooms." He points to a big area cut open into the stone that is carved into a man made cave with a blue giant flat diamond top gem sticking a few inches out of the middle of the ground in with a door like thing with 5 different color small circles and their white, purple, pink, Red and Blue. "Whoa... what type of gem stone is that!? Its huge!" I exclaim and walk towards it a little to examine it. "No Clue! The gems say its always been here as long as they have! they should be back soon so lets unpack some of your things and get you set up!" Steven says and starts dragging me out of the house from looking at the warp pad to help me move in some of my items.

Me and Steven grab a few boxes from my car and carry them inside, for a kid Steven is surprisingly strong! I set a box next to the couch and Open it, it has all my sleeping stuff like my blanket, pillow and favorite stuffed animal. Steven sets two boxes next to the one I set down. "That should be enough for now, don't ya say?" I tell/ask Steven as he nods then runs up the stairs to the tv "Come on. we can watch tv while we wait for the gems." Steven says as I nod and walk up to him and he turns on a cartoon for us both to watch.

(839 Words)