Chapter 9. You Bother

(Y/n Pov)

...I'm leaning on something warm... my arms and legs are wrapped around the warmth... hehe... somethings fluffy and soft in my face... it's also warm... I start slowly opening my eyes, my vision is covered by something light yellowish green. I feel my body moving with the thing I'm attached too. I move one of my arms to rub my eyes and push away from the thing I'm holding onto. As I look around, I'm now in a field.. I was asleep in the woods though.. I look back at the thing I'm holding too now that I look at it. I realize it's Peridot, she suddenly snaps her around to look at me "finally! Your sleep ritual was taking to long!" She said as she dropped me onto the floor "huh?- so you were carrying me?" I ask as she glares but turns away from me and appears to blush a little. "yes. You were taking too long." She said as she started walking again which forced me to get up so the hand cuff like machine doesn't drag on our arms.

We walk in silence for a while before I just have to ask "Where Are We Going?" "None of your concern." "It infact is! We're stuck together! I go where you go!" "So you'll see when we get there!" I stop in my tracks and Peridot gets forced to stop about 5 feet away from me. Peridot gets jolted back a little and looks at me "if your so desperate to know you CLOD- it's a gem thing!" Peridot shouts and stomps her foot like a child "that doesn't help! I don't know most gem things!" "That's a good thing!".

I groan as Peridot starts walking again and pulls me along. I eventually start walking with her as the strain on my wrist from the hand cuffs starts to ache from Peridot dragging me. Peridot grumbles a finally when I walk up beside her. After a few more minutes of walking in the sun, Peridot starts slowly getting angrier and starts also walking faster. "Well someone's impatient." I said as she glares back and keeps walking. I roll my eyes and start humming to myself as I walk with her but about 3 feet away from her.

Peridot starts walking closer to me, and glancing at me. I'm guessing to hear my humming as it must be something new for her, I hum a little louder to watch Peridots reaction, she tilts her head like a pet does with a new sound. It's kinda cute how she acts, with her big eyes she seems like a cat too. Peridot eventually starts trying to copy me with the humming so I hum easier tune and she eventually caught onto the tune and we hummed together.

Humming seemed to calm down her down... I'll keep this in mind for future events. Peridot eventually ran into a tree because she was looking at me so she punched the tree and started stomping off in another direction so I trail after her. She eventually just grumbles and grabs me out of nowhere "Hey!" She holds to her side with one hand and lifts her other arm up and her fingers start spinning like a helicopters blade and she starts flying off the floor. "Whoa! Hey! What!?" I yell as she Carries me as she starts flying to random place, I watch the floor as we pass the floor, I watch as everything passes by but.. the grass starts slowly disappearing into this foggy area, Peridot brings us down into the area. It's a hug canyon with many human looking holes in the walls "what is this place..?" "A kindergarten, I will not be telling you the what kindergarten though" I roll my eyes as she drags me through the place and past these huge machines with drills, 3 legs like a tripod stand and huge pink gems on the tops of them.

Peridot stops us at a certain part of the floor and it starts lowering down into the ground to this mechanical like area. I just look at around as Peridot messes with things, I look at the dirt and rock and then very technological stuff it appears homeworld gems put here. Eventually Peridot drags me back to the thing we came in on and it starts bringing us up and Peridot makes a 'log' "log date 652, this Peridot updating status. Still stuck on miserable planet. The fusion experiments are developing properly, a few have even emerged early. EUAGH-" she shout's suddenly and I look forward to Steven, I'm behind Peridot so it makes sense he can't see me "hi." He says, peridot glances around "are the other ones with you?" She asks and Looks at Steven. Steven shakes his head no. Then yes. Then yes with a shrug and nervous smile "of course! Why not!?" I give a wave to Steven from Peridots back and he gasps "PERIDOT!" I hear Garnet yell "There she is!" Pearl shouts as Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst run over with their weapons out.

Peridot gasps and flinches before well grabbing me again and running away from the gems with Steven right after her then the gems after that. "You got no where to go!" Amethyst yells "your cornered" Pearl shouts at Peridot as she runs into a dead end and the suddenly starts running up the wall "WHOA! HEY!" The gems stop in surprise as Peridot dodges the holes and everything else in the wall "Y/N!" I heard Steven shout as Peridot keeps running. Pearl launches a spear up at Peridot which she ducks from and puts an arm over her head "HAH! MISSED!" Peridot shouts as she stands back up and glances down at them, but I notice the spear hit one of those big machines and it starts falling out of the wall, peridot only notices once it starts coming towards us and she immediately turns the other way and starts running. "FASTER!" I shout at her as we both panic.

Peridot eventually gets hit by one of the legs as the machine starts crashing to the floor, Peridot lets me go as we fall and a pink bubble appears around me as the machine hits the floor and I land next to a rock pile "do you think their hurt?" I hear Steven ask the gems as the bubble disappears and Peridot throws two big rocks off her. "Haha. nope!" Amethyst says as she runs at Peridot with her whip out. Peridot starts to run but Amethyst gets her whip to tangle around Peridot and stop her in her tracks but Peridot turns slightly to glare at Amethyst and uses one of her floating fingers to poke the whip and it sends a rush of green electricity down the whip to Amethyst, Amethyst lets go of the whip and makes some startled noises at it as it whips around violently in front of her. Amethyst growls as Peridot picks me once again and gets running again "You Crystal Clods! Go ahead, wreck this place See if I care! I already got what I needed!" "Get back here and give us back Y/n!" Pearl shouts as her and Amethyst get on Peridots tail, Peridot pants then looks at her open hand and her fingers do the helicopter thing again as we fly up I try to reach down to Pearl but it's no use and Peridot curls up and snickers smugly and evilly at the gems and then starts evilly laughing as we both fly off with Amethyst and Pearl chasing us on from the floor. When am I finally going to get back to them..?

(1292 words)