Chapter 1.2

*Night time.

In a grassy field, three tents have been set up.

The bandits are celebrating their accomplishment. They make a toast and begin chugging on their drinks. Sharon, who is now conscious, watches from afar. After getting tipsy, the bandits reveal that they were the ones who let the monster run rampant in Woodsford.

Bandit 2: Did you see how that Gonzor laid waste to that town though? Now that was something!

Bandit 1: Ha! Ha! Ha...! Of course... I was the one controlling it!

Sharon revolts her head in anguish overhearing their confession.

Bandit 2: We sure gave those town people a scare! They were helpless against it! It was all so easy!

Bandit 3: I know! Did you see some of the faces they made? I saw somebody get knocked out by some random flying debris! Just "thwump!" Just like that! Knocked em out while they were running, ha! I got a good laugh from that!

Bandit 2: Heh! No...Unlike you, I was actually busy getting work done...!

Bandit 4: But it's all thanks to that Gonzor that we managed to successfully loot the town! It's a shame that it's dead though...We could've done more with it.

Bandit 2: Yeah! We could've gone for another round at another town!

Hearing the entire truth, Sharon shakes vehemently in anger.

Sharon: You guys...! So you were the ones responsible for that monster attack!

Sharon's outburst kills the mood of the bandits having fun. Nate, the head bandit, takes a sip out of his mug and walks over to Sharon.

Nate: Yes, you are correct. We were the ones who sent the monster rampaging in Woodsford. Like what we did to your pet, we used the monster as a distraction to conceal our movements as we looted the town!

Nate bends down, looking directly into Sharon's eyes, "Although...We weren't expecting somebody as capable as you to be in the area... But it doesn't matter too much since we still managed to steal most of the town's treasures!"

He stands back up raising his mug up in the air as if making a toast, "And what luck, it turns out you were an elf too! And here you are now, in our hands! Lady luck is truly shining down on us! Once we sell you off, we're going to make a fortune! We can easily retire from our measly bandit life...!"

Nate begins cackling, and the other bandits follow suit until the tent is drowned in hysterical laughter.

Tatsuo: I see. So you guys were the ones behind the monster attack.

Nate: Yes! Yes! We were the ones that-

Tatsuo's sudden appearance makes the bandits spit out their drinks.

All the bandits in unison: WHAT THE HELL??!!

Sharon is also astonished by Tatsuo's sudden presence.

A bandit points at Tatsuo, "how did you get here?!"

Tatsuo: Oh, me?

Tatsuo points at Windie – "Using one of its feathers, I tracked its scent down all the way to this area. Then I got hungry and came here cuz I smelled food."

Tatsuo: Why? Is there something wrong with that?

Everyone inside the tent: YES!!! OF COURSE!!! WHAT ARE YOU, A DOG??!!