Veloren Chapter 27: Machine of Terror

Heymlir and the group of adventurers and guild people are locked in combat. No matter what the adventurers threw at the exosuit, the iron-clad armor shrugged it off. Fireball spells are casted at the big hunk of metal but to no avail; not even burn marks. Even blows from using blunt weapons, swords or arrows failed to make even a scratch on the exosuit.

Random adventurer (thinking): This thing is unbelievably tough...!

While the adventurers aren't able to damage the suit, their teamwork and numbers allowed them to restrict the suit's movement and keep the fight at their tempo.

An adventurer tells his teammates nearby to cover for him and divert the mayor's attention off of him as he wants to attempt something. The adventurer runs up to the suit with his heavy sword and leaps into the air. The heavy sword slams against the window of the cockpit and cracks it, immediately alarming Heymlir.

Adventurer: Good! That thing still has some weak points! Aim for the parts that are fragile!

An adventurer turns to a mage - "Can you buff us up?"

The female from the Rosemary guild turns to her mage as well and commands her to provide additional support.

Random adventurer: Let's make short work of this now.

The mages begin to chant and their bodies glow as magic condenses into their bodies. Magical arrays form in front of them and the adventurers begin to glow as well. However, the buffing gets interrupted by Heymlir who sends the heavy arms of the exosuit thundering towards the group.

The group of adventurers quickly react and everybody scatters away immediately before they get crushed. The arm slams down onto the ground, shattering the floor.

Weiss makes a quick assessment of the exosuit - 'That thing's strong...But with that size and weight, it can't be that fast. Since it's also a machine, it won't maneuver well.'

Weiss (thinking): We can overwhelm it with our speed. It won't be able to catch up to us, especially now that we've been buffed—

The exosuit suddenly appears behind Weiss at breakneck speed, catching Weiss off guard and grabbing him by his arm. At a slight movement, the metallic hands of the exosuit crushes his arm and the young adventurer shrieks out in pain.

Everyone faces their attention to Weiss's scream of agony, as they themselves try to catch up to the situation.

'How...!?' - Exclaims the golden armored female from the Rosemary guild in her head.

The robot lifts Weiss in the air as he questions: Why is it so fast...?! It's reaction wasn't like this before...!

An adventurer yells out: Aim for the top part! The window has been damaged! We just need to break through and stop the person inside!

The mages bombards the cockpit with magic spells swallowing the top half of the exosuit in a parade of explosions as it staggers back.

The cloud of smoke lifts up, but the cockpit is left completely unharmed.

Random mage: What!? But the window cracked from that attack earlier....How is it still fine...? We've even buffed ourselves...!

The same adventurer that cracked the window runs past the group of mages: Keep attacking it! I'll try smashing open the window!

The robot gets pelted with magic again as the adventurer makes his way towards the exosuit.

Weiss immediately shouts: No! – Don't!

But it was too late. The adventurer leaps with his sword raised in the air. At the same time, the robot lifts its arm in the air and slams it against the adventurer. Upon impact, the adventurer's body explodes in a rain of blood; chunks of his remains scatter everywhere across the street.