Chapter 33: Is It Wrong For A Man To Have Ambitions?!

At the fight, Heymlir is getting worn out as he begins to visibly be out of breath. Jayce sends a strike at Heymlir's face, staggering him as saliva flies out his mouth. Heymlir realizes that he must fight back himself instead of simply relying on the black substance.

The black substance covers Heymlir's arm and he lashes out. Before Heymlir was capable of making a full swing, Jayce parries it with his arm and circles in with another strike.

The black substance formed around Heymlir's arm snags the wrist of the arm Jayce used to block. Jayce impulsively jerks his body back slightly.

From Heymlir's opposite side, Archer goes in for an attack. Heymlir swipes his arm in Archer's direction and a black rope whips out at Archer. Archer rotates his small body mid-air dodging it and follows up with a kick landing against Heymlir.

The black rope stabs onto the ground and begins to cover the floor beneath Archer. Heymlir plans to lock Archer in place as soon as he lands.

Archer's eyes flare up, his leg lights up on fire making a pinging sound and it ricochets off the air. In what seemed like a near instantaneous motion, Archer's leg slams against Heymlir's side, leaving behind a trail of a bright red highlight. Immediately Archer uses the momentum to land two more quick succession of kicks; against Heymlir's chest and then his face. In the same moment, the opposite side of Heymlir's cheek gets fisted by Jayce.

Darren, who was watching from a distance, was surprisingly intrigued by Archer's combo attack.

Heymlir gets desperate for more power and he begins coughing.

Darren (nervously): Hey...What's happening to him now...?

San: When the body is exposed to sudden drastic changes, it will tend to have an adverse effect...His body is still not yet compatible with this influx of power that it suddenly obtained...

Heymlir winces in severe pain, and a second blast of the pressure wave vertebrates through the area; pushing back both Archer and Jayce away from him. Power swells within Heymlir and he begins to go insane.

"Tch...! Not this shit again...!" - Jayce complains as he struggles to move.

Jayce turns to face Archer: Hey, you. Let's hurry up and end this quick. Before that old man can pull anymore bullsh*t out from his body...!

"...You didn't need to tell me that." - Archer begrudgingly retorts back.

Not willing to go through another round of this, everyone but San goes to attack Heymlir while under the effects of the wave of pressure. Heymlir as he fends himself against the group cries out to San:

"San...! You always talked about the glory days of your guild...!"

"And when it disbanded, you ended it off on good terms with everyone and a party...! How nice...!"

"But not everyone can have a smooth sailing end like yours....!"

"Back in my guild....Lionel Duress...! We were ranked 6th at the time...! We too were a happy guild, built on each other's bonds, friendships, trust...! Our guild made its way up the rankings, we were a rising star in the era! But then...!"

"Our leader quit the guild...!"

Flashback to the past about one generation after San's. A young Heymlir hears his guild leader announcing to his members that he's done. Heymlir has his eyes wide open in shock from the sudden announcement. In the background, other guild members can be heard joking about the guild leader's retirement, with a couple even wishing their best regards to him. But Heymlir paid no real attention to it.