Chapter 40: Next Step Destination

At an alley, the Punk Riot members notice Jayce sitting on a wooden crate with his eyes focused blankly at the ground. Something was on Jayce's mind.

Punk member: Hey bro...Everything all right...?

Jayce slinks his hand away from his cheeks.

Jayce: Huh? Of course I'm fine...What, do I not look like it?

Punk member: Yeah, it looks like something's been bothering ya...

Punk member: Is this about forming your own guild?

Jayce nudges his head back, blinking to himself. " ...How do you guys know about that...?"

Punk member: We overheard your talk...Sorry. – The member says with their heads hung low in guilt.

Punk member: B-but–! We think you should do it Jayce...!

Jayce (sighs): Haaaah...! And what, would you guys even join me?!

"No way~!!!" - The punk members declare with their arms forming a cross.

Punk member: If we were to go out into the world there with you, we'd definitely die!!!

Jayce: Then what the hell was even the point of asking...?! Who the hell is gonna take care of you guys huh?!

Punk member: W-who said that we need you to take care of us...?!

"Do you think this whole gang just revolves around you Jayce...?! Just because you're the strongest in this town...?! You're not the total hot shit you think you are...! We can take care of ourselves...!" - Punk Member.

Jayce: ...Do you know how many times I've saved all your asses...?!

Punk member: So what??!! We're your bros Jayce, not your kids...! You don't gotta baby us all the time...!

Punk member: Actually, why da' hell would you even care if you left us!? When have you gave any shits about anything?! You're Jayce, the baddest thug we ever met...!

"Hey...!! That's–...!!" - Malone says stepping forward.

Jayce stretches out his arm, stopping Malone. He gets up walks forwards towards the members..

Jayce: I won't stop y'all from talking...But I'll beat the shit out of you bois if you continue...

Punk member: Then hurry up and do it already!!! That's how you always dealt with things, yeah?!! If something goes against ya, you trash it!!!

But for once in his life, Jayce couldn't bring himself to follow up with his words. Malone punches the punk that was speaking earlier, sending him falling on the floor.

Malone: You...!! - His voice shook with with contempt.

Malone: You guys are taking it too far...!! Think about what Jayce is going through...!!" - Malone says in anger as he holds onto the riot member by his collar.

Jayce: Stop it Malone!!!

The command from Jayce reduces the alley into silence.

Jayce: Let him go.

Malone reluctantly lets go of the riot member.

"Pfft! How pathetic...!" Says the beaten punk member scornfully. "I quit this gang." The member struts off out of the alley.