Chapter 34: Black Trap

Sharon has stopped firing arrows for a while.

Sharon (thinking): Dang it...! I'm down to one arrow left...!

Sharon (thinking): I'll wait for a chance when he lets his guard down...

Sweat runs down Sharon's face - "I can't miss that opportunity...!"

Sharon (thinking): I'll have to end that man's life with my one shot...!'

Jayce and Archer are unable to approach Heymlir with the effects of the surrounding pressure, being capable of only dodging the black substance. Then, Darren enters the fray.

Archer (tauntingly): What happened to you not wanting to risk your life?

Darren: I don't really want to do this! But if it means getting all this over with, then I'll become an added target for him to focus on...!

As the fight prolongs, the three begin to inch their way towards Heymlir. Heymlir understands that the three of them are slowly acclimating to the pressure and must end the fight soon. He begins to devise a plan to take them out at once.

Heymlir's attacks become less frequent and the three eventually make their way to Heymlir. The three of them enclose on Heymlir to attack him together.

'They reached him!' - Exclaims Sharon in her head.

For the three boys, the same line of thought ran in their heads:

'Don't stop...!'

'...Just attack!'

'And beat the shit out of this old man...!'

Heymlir clads his entire body in the black energy with cybernetic pattern. The boys' attacks lands at once together, but Heymlir's armor nullified their blows. This was what Heymlir wanted.

Jayce quickly realizes what Heymlir is about to do, but it was too late. From where the three struck Heymlir, the black armor firmly grabs hold of them and swallows them up. The three struggle to set themselves free as Heymlir lifts their bodies up into the air.

San (thinking): So it was a trap...!

'Oh no!' - Sharon says in her head as she is conflicted on whether to shoot her last arrow now.

Heymlir huffs - "I should've just done this from the start."

Heymlir: Allow me to tell you this, Jayce.

Heymlir: Everything I told you in the alley...I meant it.

Heymlir looks straight into Jayce's eyes: Good bye, Jayce.

It was but a hint, but Jayce was swayed by hearing Heymlir's words.

Darren (thinking): Dammit! I knew I shouldn't have gotten myself involved!

Heymlir senses danger and hastily wraps one side of his body in the black substance. Heymlir gets struck by Windie's wind blades, slicing up his clothings.

Heymlir (thinking): That was close...! It's a good thing I was fast enough to react to it...That thing's attacks are dangerous...! It's the most lethal thing here...!

Heymlir (thinking): I must get rid of it.

Darren (thinking gleefully): That's right! Sharon is still here!'

Darren (thinking): But wait, why is she not firing arrows?

A horrible thought dawned on him, 'Could it be...She ran out...?!'

Heymlir knows he must be careful allocating the rest of the black substance as most of it was being used to hold the three boys.

From his armor, the black substance molds itself into a thin black tendril and it lashes out at Windie.

Windie dashes and weaves about in the air as the black tendril pursues it; unaware that Heylir was chasing it into a trap.

Sharon realizes this and screams out to Windie, but she is too far away to be heard. Windie eventually finds itself trapped as the black substance has been carefully encircling around it; forming a cage surrounding Windie.

Before Windie could find a feasible opening to escape out of, the black tendril pierces through one of Windie's wings.

Everybody watches in worry. In a rush of emotions Sharon rashly takes aim at Heymlir's head, but then she notices something.

Heymlir's attention turns towards someone approaching him. In the distance, Tatsuo comes rushing at Heymlir, seemingly unaffected by the black pressure wave.

Heymlir sends a black appendage towards Tatsuo, but this time Tatsuo twirls his body, avoiding it.

Jayce (thinking): That movement...! – Recognizing it as similar to his own.

He lands on top of the appendage and makes a beeline for Heymlir as he runs atop the black substance.

Jayce attempts to warn Tatsuo: Stop! Don't get too close to him or the black stuff!

But Tatsuo ignores the warning as he rears his arm in for a punch. Heymlir covers his face in the substance to protect himself.

Tatsuo's punch connects and the black substance disperses upon impact, sending Heymlir's body to rock violently backwards.