Chapter 19: The Deal With Jayce

"The child delinquent Jayce. Day by day, he slowly gained infamy from the public as the troublesome kid who could not be stopped. He then began to earn the loyalty of others who were placed in similar situations as him. Those that he found who were abandoned or were left with no place to go, he took them under his wing. And that's how the gang Punk Riot began."

"The ever so peaceful city was now faced with street crimes on a daily basis. Stealing, vandalization, disruption of public order and the beatings of civilians, Punk Riot got away with all of it. And the main reason was Jayce."

"It turns out he was really good when it came to fighting."

San: I had my first suspicions when he attacked me the first time we had met. It took me by surprise how a boy was able to perform a flying kick so flawlessly and precise, moreso without any formal training!

San: When he was a child, he was already beating up guards! After forming Punk Riot, it got to the point where Heymlir placed a bounty on the capture of Jayce, and his two other close partners.

San: But even that proved to be useless. So far, all the guild members, adventurers, and bounty hunters that have come to this city have failed to capture him. Even the use of underhand tactics such as taking other Punk Riot members as hostages proved to be ineffective.

"The raw talent and combative instincts of his, he's a fighting prodigy that only crops up once in every century."

San: The only person who was capable of stopping Jayce was me. I won't lie, I've had thoughts about training the boy myself. Though, I doubt his pride would allow that. And if I were to do that, he'd easily be able to rule the entire city! But I understand the boy though. I know he doesn't mean any real harm. There were times when Punk Riot actually helped the city by kicking out unruly visitors.

San: Now you know why you shouldn't mess around with them. Although, it is impressive that the two of you lasted long against him.

San (thinking): If anything...That just confirms my suspicions even more...

San sneaks a glimpse at Tatsuo – 'There's something disturbingly unusual about him... Back when he came into my house, I sensed it... He's not just simply strong... It's slight, but his presence is sending warning signals to my body... But it's not quite as simple as stumbling across a dangerous foe...This has nothing to do with me being a seasoned veteran and gauging an enemy, this is a personal issue...A familial fear...Almost as if I've met him... Or something like him before... And it's causing my body to instinctively go into flight mode...'

Darren: Geez...So that guy had that kind of reputation...

Darren: Why not try to get him to join you guys? Won't that help out both sides?

San: Heymlir already offered to enroll Punk Riot into Argonaut's fighting force, but he declined. I myself won't bring him in because I don't work as a guard, so that's not my responsibility. I just want to live a peaceful retired life! And I quite like the boy myself. It's not like Punk Riot actually does anything too major, so for right now, it's fine.

The three are close to San's house and spots Sharon waiting at the front yard stairs.

Sharon: Ah.

She gets up from the stairs, "There you guys are!" – She bows to San thanking him.

San responds back with a politely gesturing back with a wave and smile.

*Meanwhile, through the lens of a telescope, Archer is seen resting at the top of the clocktower.

Guard: We've managed to corner the thief up the clocktower sir! We keep sending men to restrain him, but so far there has been no success!

The guard spins his chair, facing Heymlir – "He also has been kicking the guards we've sent off the top of the tower!"