Chapter 41: Rivals

Skip to about a week later, Tatsuo confronts Darren about his plans.

Tatsuo: I've spoken to Sharon about it already, but we're planning on going to Odale, which is off-continent...That's what you wanted, right? To leave Irene.

Tatsuo: Have you made your decision? Wanna join our guild and come with us?

Darren (excitingly): Wha– Hell yea I'll join! Take me with you!

Meanwhile, in an abandoned alley of Argonaut, Archer is speaking with somebody through his unity.

Unity: Sorry! I know it sounds unbelievable, but shortly after we hung up, the city closed off ALL their gates!! Can you believe that?!

"Sorry that we weren't able to meet up like we said. I tried calling you back but –" Archer cuts the person off saying that it was alright. The conversation continues as it shifts into future plans.

Archer: ...Yeah, I'm heading back now.

Archer: ...

Archer: Uh-huh...good to hear that...

Archer: No, I'm planning on forming my own guild...

Archer: Yeah, see ya', thanks for the help.

The unity device disconnects.

'I'll drag that man off his throne one day...!' - Archer says spitefully in his head.

Archer: And then I'll finally avenge you...

"Carlson."

*Skip to Argonaut's guild hub.

Tatsuo and the group welcomes Darren to officially be part of the guild. Darren's documents gets stamped for approval and Tatsuo shakes hands with Darren.

Tatsuo: Welcome to Geld, Darren!

Sharon wipes tears of joy and sniffles.

Victor: Woah...You okay there Sharon?

"Mm-hmm! It's just...I never would've imagined we'd actually get more than three members...!" - Sharon says, choking on her tears.

Darren: So uhm...Is there anything we could do about our guild's name...?

Tatsuo: We'd have to pay in order to change our guild name, and it's pretty expensive to do that. But that's alright, the name is here to stay anyways.

Darren: ...

In the background, Tatsuo and co. can hear the receptionist congratulating someone on making a new guild. They turn to see that it's Jayce, Hector and Malone. Jayce catches the group looking at them and locks eyes with Tatsuo.

Jayce: Ho~? You guys are still here?

Tatsuo: What's up with you? You're making your own guild?

Jayce: Damn right!

"It's the new and improved Punk Riot: Savage Punk!" - Jayce says while showing their guild logo.