Chapter 22: On Hold

At the moment Archer is being interrogated by Heymlir in an isolated room. His head hangs low while he gasps heavily from all the torture he's endured up till now. His body has been restrained and is strapped to a torture chair. The floor is stained with a mix of blood and sweat with small pieces of flesh scattered around. Heymlir stands intimidatingly in front of him, amused by his endurance. He holds a bloodsoaked bolt cutter in his hand.

Heymlir: Quite the stubborn one aren't you.

Heymlir: I'll ask again. – Archer's heavy breathing begins to die down.

Heymlir: How did you know about the amp. Core?

Heymlir snaps the bolt cutter into place on Archer's last remaining finger from his mangled hand.

Heymlir: And why...

The blades digs into his flesh. Archer throws his head back with his face wincing in agony. He lets out disgruntled noises as the squeezing against his finger intensifies. The blades burrows further as they begin serrating against the bones. Instead of having the bolt cutter cut through all the way, Heymlir rips the finger off of the hand tossing it in the air. Blood splatters against the floor as the limp finger lands nearby another finger. The lumps of indistinguishable pieces of flesh on the floor were the remaining fingers that Archer had for his hands.

Archer slumps his head forward, heaving heavily from the pain. His arms tremble within their restraints.

Heymlir: Did you steal it? – He asks with a piercing gaze.

Archer: Screw...screw you...!

Heymlir's eyelids furrows down a bit.

Heymlir: That was your last finger. – He says while eyeing the finger he just teared off.

Heymlir: As well as your last chance. – Archer's face twitches.

Heymlir: You seem resolute to not tell me anything. In that case this interrogation is over.

Heymlir turns around towards a table with multiple torture devices.

Archer: That person... – Heymlir turns back his head.

Archer: That person you're trading with... You cannot give him that core!

"That man is.... Evil!

"Evil you say, huh

"Evil you say, huh...." – Heymlir says under his breath. "Just earlier you were kicking my men off the clocktower to their deaths, and you want to harp about who's evil?", He mocks back in irony.

Heymlir: It pains me to say it, but rest assured, that person will not be receiving the amp. Core. I have no intention of withholding our side of the bargain.

Archer's face turns to visible shock: ...Huh?

Heymlir: while it would have been nice to have gotten information out of you. – Heymlir crushes a marble.