Another Problem

>>Matthew

What are the Jade twins planning? Why would they be interested in a spy? To make an example out of her?? Like they killed the other guy who got caught?

Both of them refused to tell me the details but I have a bad feeling about this. I was sitting in one of the VIP rooms on the second floor when an agent came to me.

"Sir?" I looked at him, "That girl you're looking for is here."

My eyes went wide, "Did she come under a reservation?" I stood up from the leather couch while he nodded.

"Yes sir,"

"Her name?" I started rushing towards the door

"Cherelle Zima."

I grabbed the door handle, "Bring her to me."

"Um," He hesitated, "Mister Zhou-Lin took her." I paused for a moment, my eyes went wide and I looked back at him in fear.

"Zhou-Lin did?" A sense of dread began to fill my mind, "Why?"

"He acted like her agent and brought her to the second floor." He stood with his hands tied in front of him.

OH! Shit, that's not good.

"Which room?"

He shook his head, "I'm not sure, I came to you before they went in."

I pursed my lips.

Damnit!!

Zhou-Lin isn't planning on torturing her, is he??! I flung the door open and ran out. I haven't even figured out why she smells like my mate, I didn't even get a proper look at her face from up close. I need to talk to her first!

>> Clio

"Um," I was nervous, "I didn't request a VIP room." There was something wrong here, I could feel it in my bones!

"Oh!" The pretty man smiled, "Don't worry about it. An agent can do this much." We were sitting on the three-seater couch in a private room that had a window view of the first floor but no one could look in from the outside.

Like hell!!

I'm pretty sure an agent can't do that out of their own free will! Especially when I haven't even paid for VIP treatment!

Not unless! He's got an ulterior motive.

"So," He softly took a lock of my hair, "Your name is Cherelle?" He sat with his leg on top of the other, slightly facing my direction.

He's interested in me! Isn't he?! Why else would an agent bring me to a VIP room?!? Does he plan to score with me or something?

"Yes," I turned to look at him. He had long lashes that went so majestically with his pale pretty face. His long black hair sat around his shoulder which made me a little envious.

"It's a pretty name." There was a gentleness in his voice but I couldn't calm myself down. It felt as if there was something else laced in.

"Thank you," I nodded, unsure what to do or how to get him away to do my job. I was here for work but now that I'm stuck in a private room, how do I get out? It's a good thing I was brought to the second floor. The VIPs are here and all but how do I get away?

"Then, Cherelle." He looked at me and we locked eyes, "Tell me something would you?" He leaned his face towards me and I felt odd. He was really beautiful. For a man, he was very alluring and I couldn't help but feel a little shy as well

"Hmm?" His eyes were dark and it felt like they couldn't be read.

Is such a pretty man really interested in me?

"What would you do," He whispered close to my ear, making my skin tingle a little. I gripped my fists that were resting over my thighs, "If you got caught by a bad person?"

"Ahm?" I looked at him in confusion, "What's that supposed to mean?"

He smiled and I have to say, it was quite an alluring smile, "I mean, what would you do?" His grip on my locks increased, "If you got caught by the same mafia you were trying to spy on?"

My heart sank to the pit of my stomach and my eyes went wide.

His question came out of nowhere but the moment it did, I felt a sense of doom wrap around my mind because I realized why I was feeling so uneasy. The Chinese man sitting in front of me was a man from the drug mafia.

It didn't take a genius to figure that out, especially when I had made a huge mistake on my part.

"Surprised?" He leaned in even closer, making my heart jump. I leaned back at his action, going towards the arm-rest while I stared at him, "There's no need to be scared," He leaned further in and I kept going back, allowing him to climb up the couch and hover over me, "I just need answers." His hand traveled to my neck, "If you answer me," His grip was tight, "I won't hurt you." And he choked me.

YOU'RE ALREADY HURTING ME!!!

I winced in pain and brought both my hands to stop him from choking me but he was indeed a man because even when I tried to open his fingers with both my hands, I couldn't do much.

He watched my color turn pale and it further made me sick because I realized this was my fault. Even though I didn't have the time, I shouldn't have gone with the same disguise. I practically gave myself to them on a silver platter.

"Now," He leaned his face closer while saliva dripped from the corner of my mouth, "Tell me why are you after Matthew Merikh?"

"What?" I looked at him weirdly as I kept trying to open his choke-hold, "I'm not!" I tapped his arm, "Let me go!"

Why would he even think that? How would he know that?!? That's something between me and my company! An outsider shouldn't know I'm targeting Matthew!! Not when I leaked the drug deal which didn't even target Matthew directly!

Did he just make an assumption? Shouldn't he be asking me about the files I leaked? Why Matthew?

"You're not?" He raised his brow at me, "That's funny." He looked unamused, "Then why would he chase you throughout the entire party hall?"

"I have no idea what you're saying!!!" My brain was entering survival mode.

His grip got harder, blocking my airway and I gasped, "Please!" I reached up for his arm, "I don't know!!" Tears formed in the corner of my eyes, "I don't know!!!" But it didn't look like he was going to release me anytime soon and I found my chest burning, lacking air, and my vision going hazy.

No... Am I going to die???