The scars of his past pt 2

>>Matthew

(Trigger warning - Child abuse)

"Anyone!!!" She screamed and I panicked, pulling my hand away from the baby in a hurry.

The yanking of my hand woke him up. He blinked his eyes open and then right the next moment he started crying.

My heart fell to the pit of my stomach as I stared at the crib. People burst into the room and Ruila began to cry as well. She slumped on the floor and placed her hands on her face, covering them as she pretended to cry.

"Luna!!" The guards came over, followed by the servants and they all looked at me. The sound of the baby crying was loud in the quietness of suspicious gazes.

"H-he," Ruila did a great job at acting as she choked on her words, "He tried to kill my baby." She continued to sob and I stood there still.

This was the first time she had pretended to act like damsel in distress. So, it was hard for me to grasp it. But the suspicious gazes of the other werewolves turned to anger.

The guards came and grabbed me, lifting me from the air as they held my arms.

"W-wait!!" I came back to my senses then, "I didn't do it!!" I tried to reason with them, "I just wanted to see the baby!" I looked at the guards standing on either side of me, "I'm telling you the truth, I have no intention of harming him!"

The guards looked down at me with suspicious gazes, unsure what to make out of it.

"Shut it boy!" Ruila glared at me, "If you didn't try to kill him then why is he crying?"

!!!

"I-" I glanced at the baby, "I-" I looked back at her, "I don't know..."

The grip on my arms increased, the fingers of the guards tightening around my thin arms. I could feel the grip, it was hard enough to make my eyes go wide in pain.

"Throw him in the dungeon," Ruila sniffled, "I can't be sure he won't attempt something like this again." She managed to get a fake tear out.

"What?" I was flabbergasted.

"Luna..." But the servants were too, "The dungeon is for traitors or rogues,"

"Isn't he a traitor if he tried to kill the next Alpha as soon as he was born?" Her words made everyone shut up. Not because she was right but because my father had not said that Ruila's baby would be the next Alpha.

Instead the servants had heard him when he said I would inherit his genes and will be a powerful wolf.

So many people in the pack house had thought that perhaps I would be the next Alpha. So now that she made that statement, a turmoil popped in everyone's head.

"I said I didn't harm the baby," I took the opportunity to speak, "I only wanted to see his face."

"See his face?" Ruila asked, "For what?"

For what?

"Just to see how he looks like!"

"Lies!!" She accused me,

"I'm not lying!!"

"If you're not lying, why would you choose to see the baby in the middle of the night when there's no one by his side? If not to kill him, then why??!" She pointed her index finger at me, "I saw your hands around his neck!"

"What? NO!" I looked at the guards, "I didn't do anything!" I said, "You can take a look at the baby if you're not sure!"

The guards looked at each other, but before they could move, Ruila spoke again, "You still didn't answer my question boy, why were you here in the middle of the night?"