To the office

>>Azef

Oh wow,

How lovely.

I stood in the master bedroom of Silas Soma's house, dressed in all black from head to toe with a black mask on that was attached with my turtle neck shirt.

I stared at the beautiful document in my hand. Not the external beauty of it of course, but the one it possessed inside.

Funny to find this deed here when all of the underworld is going crazy trying to find it. Some strange rumor made people believe that Matt and I had it.

I put it in my bag.

But well, if the rumor is already there, might as well make it a fact. I smirked.

That son of a gun.

Silas must have started the rumor that the deed is with us but too bad he couldn't hide it nicely enough. Who chooses to hide such an important thing in the floorboard safe that perfectly blends with the rest of the floor?

....

Hmmm, well, maybe it's not bad.

I shook my head.

I guess it's safe from humans, but a wolf is a different story, especially me.

I had the information I needed, so the only thing left was to leave

***

>>Clio

?

??

????

Matthew's statement made me pause but I didn't quite process it immediately

Brothers? Did he just say they're brothers?

Matthew and Azef???

"WHAT!?!?!" I looked at him in disbelief, "You're siblings!!!?"

"Why is that a surprise?"

"Because you look nothing alike!" I had my mouth hang open, "And you have different names!"

He paused, his eyes wandered for a moment before coming back to me, "Different mothers," He said two simple words that got my chest to tighten.

"Oh,"

Two different mothers.

Oh Gosh...

Did I step on a landmine? Wait, of course! His dad had him with a random human, so he must have had Azef with some other person...

Damn

"What a scumbag," I whispered. I didn't realize I had said it out loud. I just got really angry at him and what his reckless actions caused.

"Yes," Matthew answered nonchalantly, "Our father was a scumbag,"

!!!

"Oh," I was not expecting him to say that!

"But he was insanely strong. For some that capable, he sure fell bad."

"Strong? Are you giving a justification for him cheating?"

"He didn't cheat," He let out a chuckle, "He stopped sleeping around when he found his mate."

!!!

"What? Really?" I shook my head, "That still doesn't mean he can have kids with random women and not even look back."

"Like I said, he was a scumbag, he probably didn't expect women of profession to get pregnant."

...

It took me a moment to understand his words.