Confront

>>Clio

Two days passed. The office resumed like usual while I tried to gain the courage to go up to Matthew and ask him about the call and texts.

I was handing the printouts in the office that I printed when I heard Imani and Jacob talk,

"The CEO and the director seem to be having a serious conversation." Imani raised her brows and Jacob copied her. Since they sat side by side, they both were gossip buddies.

I heard them when I handed them the printouts and got curious, "Hmmm?" I turned around to see them walking toward the elevator. They both had grim expressions on.

I wonder what's troubling them?

I pursed my lips

And I wonder if I'll get the time to ask Matthew about anything? They both stood outside the office looking inside for a while and I couldn't bring myself to go to them, so I just did my work.

"Could be something about the company, it looks serious." Imani nodded, "I've never seen the boss look so confused and stern."

Jacob whistled, "Now, I'm even more curious," He looked at me, "Do you think we're going under?"

"Hey!" Lizzo popped his head from the other side, "We don't talk about that!" He pressed his finger on his lips, "What if it comes true?"

"So what?" Jacob rolled his eyes, "We'll get other jobs,"

"As if," Imani pinched his ear, "In this economy? We'll be starving before we find another job."

"OW!" Jacob moved away and rubbed his ear, "We can all huddle together and eat each other- I mean, with each other!"

"Your dark thoughts are coming out Jacob," Lizzo snickered.

The conversation turned into friendly banter after that and I told myself that when Matthew comes back, I'm definitely going to talk to him.

***

>>Matthew.

"Is a man's ass supposed to be that pretty?" Azef and I stood outside the open office for a moment while we were making our way towards the elevator.

"Yes, I noticed that too." Azef answered, "I'm telling you, his ass has gotten fatter." He answered as we both watched him hand the printout to his colleagues.

"Right, and his eyes!" I ran my fingers through my hair, "They look rounder."

"That's just your imagination." He added, "And for a fact, today he is wearing tighter pants,"

I shook my head as something inside of me refused to calm down, "It's not just that," I said, "He smells a little different too,"

Azef folded his arms, "Wait," He tilted his head, "You're right, he does," We exchanged a glance of confusion.

"What is happening?" My eyes twitched and an air of doubt filled the room. Am I sensory hallucinating or something?

Why is his scent changing?

Azef tapped my shoulder, telling me to keep moving since we had a meeting to attend but I couldn't get Clio off my mind.

***

>>Clio

I knocked on Matthew's office door during lunch. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to approach him since he came back alone and everyone else in the office was out.

I waited a few seconds but didn't get an answer so I took a deep breath and opened the door slightly to peek in. I don't know what I was expecting after confronting him but I couldn't bring myself to just sit by and say nothing.