Tension

>>Matthew

"What do you think you're doing?" I glared at him as the glass shards scattered around on the floor, as well as pricking his skin, cutting and injuring him.

His shirt collar was in my grasp as I manhandled him.

"I know what you're trying to do Matthew," He let out a chuckle, "But I need to do my own thing."

"You're not putting her in danger," I whispered the words angrily.

"You're the real danger," He replied

"I will kill you if she gets hurt."

"Oh really?" He returned a smirk, "Why don't you? I've been wanting to put you behind bars for years."

>>Clio

"What are you doing!" I ran up to Matthew to try and get him off Harou, "What the hell!!" I grabbed the boss's arms and pulled him away from the detective, "What's gotten into you!?"

Matthew didn't stop glaring at Harou.

"Don't worry Clio," Harou managed to stand himself up, "This won't kill me."

"What was this all about?" I asked my boss, "Why would you attack him?"

"He's mad I accidently spilled your secret." Blood dripped down Harou's face and he couldn't even open his left eye.

"It's fine," I kept Matthew's arm in my grip, "It's okay," I glanced back at Chris, "I'm sure Chris can keep a secret." I looked at her, she had her eyes on me.

"Yes..." She replied, "I can," She seemed a little off, like she didn't find it pleasant that I was hiding a secret like that. But then again, anyone would be weirded out,

I looked back at Matthew.

Except for him, I guess, He was just surprised.

"Boss, you don't need to be so angry on my behalf," He was still glaring at Harou

Oh God,

Why is he so angry? Because of me? Because I cried the last time I told him all about myself? Because I was scared when I had to tell Zhou-Lin about it too?

But that was different.

Chris is a normal civilian. She won't tell anyone and she isn't the enemy whom I'm scared off.

"Clio," She called my name and I looked back at her

"Yes?"

"Are you and the boss dating?"

!!!

"W-what?" I got flustered at her question, "Why are you even asking that?"

"No," Matthew gave a firm reply as he finally moved on from Harou, "Why would you even think that?" He straightened up and pulled his arm away from me.

His answer hit my feelings.

His 'no' made me feel bad.

His pulling away tugged at the strings of my heart.

"Then why would you get so angry about her secret spilling?" Chris asked.

Matthew looked back at her, "There's another reason for my anger."

"I won't spill it, so don't worry," They both stared at each other. A tense atmosphere formed between them as they stared at each other. Their gazes held no warmth for the other person, like they were strangers to each other.

The crunching sound of glass made us all look at Harou again. He was visibly shaken, his legs were wobbly and it felt like he would fall any moment.

"Detective!!" I went to support him, "Are you alright." I took his arm and placed it around my neck to support his weight.

"Boss," Chris seemed restless, "Rameen would always run away and stay with you."

"She would," Matthew replied as they both continued to stare at one another.

"You know, you were the only one who knew the inside out of this house."

"...." Matthew's expression turned grim, "I do," He clenched his jaw

"Say," Before we left, Chris spoke again, "If you know her secret," She was looking at Matthew, "Does she know your secret?" I stopped to look at her, "Does she know you're not human?"

Eh?