Risk or trust

>>Clio

Yes, I was attracted to him.

But that's different. Anyone would be attracted to him. He's a whole package. But it makes no sense for him to like me.

"I'm not lying," He replied.

"Then you must be joking,"

"I wouldn't joke about my feelings," He answered calmly but I wasn't calm. How could he like me? First sight love? That exists? I thought it was just a term people used for hot people. Anyone would be attracted at first sight if the other person was hot.

But that's not me. Moreover, I came here as a spy. I even got him in trouble.

"Wait a minute!" That reminded me of something, "You said you knew it was me at the club, does that mean," I looked at him with a suspicious gaze as I tilted my head a little.

"Yes," He replied, "I know I got arrested because of you."

!!!

My heart skipped a beat and although I got embarrassed too, I had another valid point to doubt him.

"See! All the more reason to doubt you," I replied while I felt the heat in my ears. I can't believe he knew it was me! I was so confident he wouldn't find out...

"All the more reason to believe me." He answered

"Impossible," I shook my head.

"Is that really hard to believe?" His voice a little softer

"Yes," I gave him an instant answer as I repressed the urge to touch my heating ears.

"Even after you were the one confused why I was nice to you?" He answered

"I-" I paused, "That-" He caught me

He made a valid point. That's the only thing that would make sense, for him to be willing to do so much for me...

My heart began to drum and the heat began to rise in my cheeks. I was at a loss for words and my feelings started getting weirder.

"Mmmm," I let out a sound of affirmation as I sealed my lips tightly. Then I looked down so that he wouldn't notice my cheeks burning.

Oh God,

Is he really not lying?

But him liking me is so strange!!!

I was a guy until yesterday for him! Does that mean he fell for me even still? I clenched my fists that rested over my thighs

'I don't care about your gender,' With my face still down, I remembered what he said to me at the office.

The pounding of my heart drummed in my ears.

OH God...

Is this real? Really?

"Why?" I asked,

"Why? I don't know," He replied, "I can't control my feelings."

I shook my head, "You must be messing with me...."

"I am not,"

First sight love? At this point all other sounds seem to have faded while the drumming of my heart echoed in my ears.

But wait...

I can't accept this! I was here for all the wrong reasons. Plus my last relationship wasn't exactly ideal....

I should reject him.

As soon as the thought crossed my mind, another one followed.

Wait

He didn't exactly say anything about it. He just answered why he was doing all that for me. He didn't say he wanted anything in return

So, can I even reject him?

I remained still as I thought about it while he decided to speak.

"Well, since it seems like you're accepting it. It's my turn to ask a question."

!!!

I paused but didn't look up. My cheeks were still flushed because of him and I couldn't help but feel giddy.

"Okay..." I nodded.

"Tell me why you're dressing up as a man. It's got to do something with the murder of your father and brother. Doesn't it? Why? What happened?"

"..."

"Why are you so curious about my life?" I asked softly.

"I already told you," He tried to tilt his head and look down at me but I moved my head away. I didn't want him to see such a vulnerable expression of mine, "I want to protect you."

!!!

He's said it before as well, but it still made my heart jump. I felt my pupils shake at his words and my chest felt queasy.

But at the moment I was at a loss as to how to process this all, along with my feelings. 

And what's the point of telling him anything about my life? I can trust him with my secrets, but it's not like I know him. No, I barely know him, so I might just be putting myself at risk as well.

Claims and mere words don't mean much after all.